OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite pot call surface.

Started by Spitten and drummen, April 02, 2017, 06:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Just want to see what everyones favorite pot call surface is and why. Mine is slate. I just like the natural tone it has along with the ability to get really soft or loud without losing sound quality. So lets hear yours.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

mikejd

SteelerFan

Love slate - as long as it's not damp, or drippy, or really cold.

All around, I like the glass / bronzed glass.

BABS9

Candyman

scoot12

Spitten and drummen

Looks like most of us like pure slate.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

merriamsman

Crystal - but maybe that's because I need the volume out here in Big Sky Country.

jed clampett

I love slate...to me it's harder to find a great slate than it is glass or crystal..lots of them...being said I just got 3 Platz calls...walnut glass/glass...crystal /glass/slate 2 sider. And his cherry slate..all sound great but the cherry slate will be 1st pot out this year...unless I get Eddie wynne slate before the opener...then I will have to see

paboxcall

Quote from: mikejd on April 02, 2017, 06:57:25 PM
slate all day long.

Agree - to pick one it would be slate.  I have two really sweet slate calls.  After that it's glass - just so dang consistent.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

MattinIdaho

Haha. Same. Can't beat the sound of a nice slate.

870BkWht

Crystal and glass followed by ceramic if it's done right.  Anodized aluminum would round out my top 3.

PALongspur