OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

hunter22

Started by crenshawco, March 31, 2017, 10:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crenshawco

Would you be willing to share a little info about your call collection? I've been amazed by your posts here lately. How many calls do you have? Is it mostly just pots? What is your most prized call?

The Woodsman

hunter22

Quote from: crenshawco on March 31, 2017, 10:03:57 AM
Would you be willing to share a little info about your call collection? I've been amazed by your posts here lately. How many calls do you have? Is it mostly just pots? What is your most prized call?

I have a variety of calls. Not sure of an exact number but around 150-200 pot calls, 150-175 box calls, 30-40 trumpets, 30 to 40 scratch boxes, 6 push pins, 5 or 6 trough calls, over 500 strikers. It is an addiction that will sure get a hold on you. I really don't have a most prized call.

crenshawco

That is awesome. I'd love to see that collection. I've really gotten the bug this year too, and picked up a few nice calls, but nothing like some of the stuff you post. How long has it taken you to amass that collection?

Matt / PA

Quote from: hunter22 on March 31, 2017, 11:21:41 AM

I have a variety of calls. Not sure of an exact number but around 150-200 pot calls, 150-175 box calls, 30-40 trumpets, 30 to 40 scratch boxes, 6 push pins, 5 or 6 trough calls, over 500 strikers. It is an addiction that will sure get a hold on you. I really don't have a most prized call.

I suddenly feel so inadequate..... :begging:

MS

I prolly have 45 pot calls, 25 box calls, and 50 trumpets.  My most prized calls are a Zach Farmer "woodwind" I waited for for seven years and a very elaborate Don Bald trumpet.  I have 4 Frank Cox trumpets, 6 Ralph Permar, and several each by Frank Hegler, Billy Buice, Herb Hornstra, Steve Lumma, Alan Sentell, Charlie Trotter, and Marlin Watkins.  I also treasure short boxes by Don and Patty Clark, Billy Buice, Marlin Watkins, Mike Lapp, and Lamar Williams and several long boxes including a Lamar Williams and a Steve Mann poplar/cedar long box that is the best all around sounding call I own.  I've slowed down collecting since I started building calls several years ago, but I do enjoy collecting and hunting with these treasures.

boatpaddle

Quote from: hunter22 on March 31, 2017, 11:21:41 AM

Rickey,

I'm  very sorry..... :'( :'(

LOL!!!
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

SteelerFan

Thanks.... I feel better.  :happy0167:

TerryLNanny

Rickey, when I told you I spent 2000.00 in the last year on calls, you told me you spent 2000.00 in the last month, I knew I was out of my league. Hahaha!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The Gobblers I've had the pleasure calling in have never been the same.