only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Your favorite pick for 2017

Started by SteelerFan, March 29, 2017, 11:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRooster17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scoot12

You got a good one there Rickey,  I heard a few of Pauls double glass calls and man are they good.  Scoot

hunter22

Scoot--- I like the way this one will tone down or really crank it up. I have picked up a Platz Maple slate, this Walnut double glass, and a Cherry aluminum/glass recently. Paul's calls are really good.

scoot12

If you ever get a chance,  Pauls cherry aluminum over slate is one of if not my favorite aluminum calls,  I believe last time he entered this combo,  it came one point from the DD adams award.  Scoot

hunter22

Scoot---I just took a closer look at my Platz Cherry aluminum and it is over slate. It is a killer sounding call.

Disney

My Sinclair Brass over Slate in a Kingwood pot with his Tulipwood striker but any striker works. That call gives me those purty, popping, nasal clucks. It's user friendly and you don't have to worry about striking against the hills and valleys of conditioning. It gives me that raspy tone a little higher than copper. The purrs are bubbling with authentic turkey talk. I love it and I make my own calls and strikers. Can I say more? I love it. The Kingwood and the finish is absolutely beautiful. I NEED his cocobolo which is gorgeous and without a doubt just as good sounding as his other calls.
Maker of Timber Tune Custom made pot calls. Fine domestic and beautiful exotic wood.
timbertunes126@gmail.com

sixbird

Quote from: Clardh on March 29, 2017, 04:47:22 PM
WHAT:Scott Hock's white oak slate over slate. I have two of them and just missed out on another (ebay). Running it with a Lyman Dymalux and/or Torman tulipwood.

WHY: Best sounding pot call I have run to date. Superior sound. It is effortless to play and if I were to loose my striker, I gaurentee I could find a bone or twig that would work on it!

Second that!

West Augusta

I'm looking forward to trying my Richard Hudson Hen Box and Riley Corder's Aluminum pot call this year.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

1187man

Pete Peters Sweet Lips slate 2017. Just received it today.

Ericbrooks

Yingling walnut slate.
It's hard to beat a good slate

Jaildoc

Old Knight and Hale Silver Queen, when aluminum calls first came out. Unfortunately I lost the original striker so I use a hickory striker. 

First pot call  I ever had and usually gets a response. Always goes in my vest.

"Take everything you like seriously, except yourselves."

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition"

Kipling

TauntoHawk

The only pot call I added this year isn't here yet so since I can't say if that one will be the new top dog or not I'd say my Mad Hen I if I could only carry one But I really like the schaffer atomic 13 with yellowheart striker I just haven't gotten to put any "notches" on it yet like the mad hen.

If I could only carry one call for an entire hunt it'd be a mouth call, if you gave me two calls it'd be a mouth call and a short box, 3rd would be a scratch box, pot call would be down at #4

Glad I can carry as many as I want though  :turkey2:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

rodney gillikin

Rosewood glass over aluminum and rosewood striker geat range and can soft talk. And I made it :gobble:
Rodney Gillikin @
Pure T Momicked game calls
Bettie NC
https://www.facebook.com/PureTMommickedGameCalls/

bbcoach

Quote from: rodney gillikin on April 07, 2017, 11:22:42 AM

Rosewood glass over aluminum and rosewood striker geat range and can soft talk. And I made it :gobble:
Beautiful Rodney!!!  Good Luck tomorrow and the rest of the season.

turkey stew

SS custom crystal heat with a Torman dymondwood striker.