turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Your favorite pick for 2017

Started by SteelerFan, March 29, 2017, 11:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ol Yelper

I'm going with my Brad Roberts Poplar Glass with a Lyman Tulipwood. It's all turkey, soft, loud, kee kees. Great combo!

boatpaddle

Cody SPEC 1 slate with a Fowler Babinga striker.....

It's a teriffic sounding combo.... :newmascot:
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

JLH

Sinclair 3.25" stainless steel over slate.....it has everything.

Tons of rasp, can scream if you need it and such a natural roll over...and definately a unique sound.

Plays great with gaboon, snakewood and katalox.....

Coop1082

So far Hanks Aluminum in Padauk. One bird on the board and he went down with it being the reason. Made him gobble at 10:15 when nothing else had. To me the roll over on it is just plain nasty and the cutts are ear piercing.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

bunk

Mine is the Blue Deuce with a Lyman dymondwood striker. Why? Because it's two for two right now. Took my son on the TN. juvenile hunt last weekend and called his first longbeard in Saturday morning at 7:20. Took him back Sunday morning before church and called in his second longbeard at 7:25. We were blessed with two great birds and lifetime memories. He made great shots on both and he's hooked now!

Dr Juice

My pick is a Yingling (beer + copper pot)

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: scoot12 on March 29, 2017, 11:44:31 AM
Eddie Wynne persimmon slate call with his persimmon striker.  I had heard Eddie builds a killer slate so I took the plunge and asked him what he recommends.  He told me he has been building this slate for 15 years and its his go to call.  When I received mine I was like man this is good and believe me,  I own a lot of slate calls.  It rolls over so easy with little ovals and you can really get on it and get that rasp on the back end if you want.  It has a little deeper tone to it but I am starting to love that sound myself.  Has some of the best clucks and purrs for even a slate call also.  This slate call and my Platz slate are my two favorites.  By the way the craftsmanship is great also.  Scoot

This is my exact feelings. I received my persimmon slate on day and first time I used it , I killed a nice bird. As for as a slate surface , I have not found one that is any better.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

tha bugman

I got a Longbeard Life slate at the convention that I would say is my favorite pot for this year.  It came with a purpleheart striker.  Killer at low and high volume.

davisd9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

golfernash

Paul Platz Walnut Glass with a Stuckey Macassar Ebony striker. Deadly

scoot12

Golfer,  is that one of Pauls older walnut double glass calls,  I have the same call.  Scoot

golfernash

Quote from: scoot12 on March 30, 2017, 04:15:00 PM
Golfer,  is that one of Pauls older walnut double glass calls,  I have the same call.  Scoot
Yep. Walnut double glass. It is a killer. Very versatile, can play loud or soft and the birds just love it!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SteelerFan

LOTS of great combos so far... keep 'em coming!

(is it any wonder a poor guy or gal gets bombarded when they ask "which one should I buy?"  :TooFunny:)

scoot12

Steeler,  they should buy all of them,  eventually we all do  lol.  Golfer,  I have the same pot and love it too.  I think mine was in 2013.  Scoot

hunter22

I have bought and traded for some really outstanding calls this year but I believe this one will be the first call out of my vest when our season starts April 10th.