turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg 535 Results

Started by njdevilsb, April 09, 2011, 07:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njdevilsb

Finally had some decent weather to shoot in today as it was about 60 degrees with a little wind.  I took the 535 with an Indian Creek .660 and a SSX .643 to shoot some Hevi 13 3.5" #7's.  All shots at 40 yards lasered.  I was pleased with the results from both chokes.  The SSX put up slightly higher numbers at 293 and 296, with the Indian Creek not far behind with 288.  I think the pellet spread outside of the 10" with the IC was a little more evenly spread than the SSX, which may be a better hunting pattern.  Apparently I tend to draw the upper left quadrant slightly bigger when splitting them into 4, which is part of the reason the hits are higher in that section.

SSX 296

SSX 293

IC 288

mightyjoeyoung

The SSX pattern looks more even and that's a dead bird with either choke for sure!!
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

cannonball

OLE RASPY

njdevilsb

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on April 09, 2011, 08:00:23 PM
The SSX pattern looks more even and that's a dead bird with either choke for sure!!

Yeah I agree, I'm just looking at the pattern around the 10" circle.  But I do like the 10" from the SSX a lot.  As long as I do my part, all is good.  The POI was slightly different between the 2 chokes, so once I decide for sure on which one I'm going to hunt with, I'm going to fine tune the sights a little more.  My last shot with the IC, which isn't pictured here, was basically dead on.

mcgruff1533

Either of those chokes will result in a dead bird!