OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Any reports on Kansas

Started by mtns2hunt, March 15, 2017, 07:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtns2hunt

Wondering whats happening in Kansas? Heading that way soon.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Ericbrooks

Snowed yesterday, be 70* tomorrow!!
We need a good rain, getting pretty dry already
Burning out west.
Little bit of everything!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ericbrooks

Saw a group in a hay field with 3 strutters this morning

wytrat785

I was working in town yesterday and I saw two "urban" longbeards with a single hen. The 2 toms strutted for a while and bred the hen. I call them "urban" because they were on a 20 acre vacant lot beside a major housing development in the middle of town.

LCLT

Headed to northern Kansas for opening day. I hope the weather is good.

DanT

Well definitely got the rain you were looking for! Weather looks nice for the next week so hopefully they'll be breaking up and getting fired up!

Gumby

Last word up north Kansas was still bunched up but may break up soon

HookedonHooks

Birds are split up here in Eastern Central Kansas, haven't heard a ton of gobbling... But looking like by opener shotgun things should be VERY hot.

Ranger518SVS

I agree, I've hunted three days straight here in North Eastern Kansas and seen a few very shy birds. Not a single gobble heard in any of the areas I hunted.

Ericbrooks

I had 5 gobbling good on the roost this morning, 3 came right in to my hen and  Dakota jake. Killed the dominate bird
I'm in Douglas County.

HookedonHooks

Birds were going absolutely nuts this morning for the opener.... Had a jackalope come in and shut them all up making a bunch of noise, well after sunrise.... But none the less still got one.   :fud:

Thread on bird incoming soon

mtns2hunt

Just got back from Kansas. Birds semi flocked but responding to calls. Killed two Rio's with  Prairie Thunder outfitters. Extremely good hunt with two nice gobblers. One of which was a dominant bird. Weather was rough with high winds and storms but the birds were there. Will post a detailed account with pictures. Never imagined that Rio's could be such a blast.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

LCLT

Birds gobbled all day opening day in North central  kansas. The next 2 days they gobbled early on the limb and shut up when they hit the ground. They were hened up and wouldn't come to a call where we were. No leaves on the trees made it tough to move on them also.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Ericbrooks on April 08, 2017, 03:16:43 PM
I had 5 gobbling good on the roost this morning, 3 came right in to my hen and  Dakota jake. Killed the dominate bird
I'm in Douglas County.

You hunt private or public land in Douglas? I frequent the area and see birds god damn everywhere.