OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Public WMA access denied/ how to handle?

Started by SpurNJ, April 16, 2017, 03:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble!

Walk through no questions asked. If the person stopped me again I would call the guy who told me it was allowed and let him discuss it will the land owner.

kiltman

Check on Xhunt maps or the county tax accessor site.  Print out a copy of the land plot where the access is and the legal owners info.  Just carry it with you just in case.  Here in Georgia we have some land locked WMA areas and there's no access.  Nothing the hunter can do about.  The land owners can stop access to it and the law backs them up.  You would think the state would have made sure the public could get to it.

swampdrummin

Ask the CO to meet you there one morning after a hunt then take him to the land owner and get it cleared up.  Assholes don't behave nicely until they are embarrassed in front of an authority figure.  The second route would be to tell him the game warden said the access was ok. I am hunting here but I wont advertise it.   Also, I told the game warden what you said and he said that you were welcome to talk to him about it but he didn't want to deal with any nonsense.

dedwards44

If the access is verified by the WCO....don't be concerned.  Just be cordial, smile and continue on.  I would recommend OnXmaps.  Put it on your phone and it will help determine private property.  Good Luck

kjnengr

SpurNJ, now that almost a year has passed, did the issue ever get resolved?

SpurNJ

Quote from: kjnengr on March 28, 2018, 10:37:26 AM
SpurNJ, now that almost a year has passed, did the issue ever get resolved?

Hey Guys.  So I spent my time last Spring Turkey Season thinking about all the comments that were posted and all relevant and valid points!!   

I def think the way to go is to call the CO and get his take.

But the reality is that since was and I am putting in about 1 hr drive to the spots I was hunting... I opted to leave this fight alone and go hunt other spots!!   

Although the season yielded no harvest...  it was a great learning experience!! 

I had 3 days last spring  ( All on different WMAs )where I had AM Gobbles back at my calls...  where they would come in and move away...   once you experience that.... I was/am hooked!!

Scouting completely different zones now and larger tracts of land...and although not finding much YET... I'm loving it...   

Been out the past 3 weekend !!

Thank you all for the comments and bad on my for the long delay!!

If I go back to that zone... and fight the fight..., I will report back..

I wish you all happy scouting and great hunts this spring !!  And Enjoy the time watching the world wake in the turkey woods!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk