only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

LB XR 3" #5's at 20, 30 and 40 yds.

Started by memert116, April 05, 2014, 04:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

memert116

was shooting standing up off of sticks.... :(   

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

memert116

Quote from: Twowithone on April 05, 2014, 05:41:42 PM
Good patterns there. :firefighter:

Thanks,  the targets were attached to a section of fence and tilted at an angle away from me.  I think the first two shots were off from me moving.... :(  I am very happy with the 40 yd pattern.   Going to go out again tomorrow and pattern it some more with different shells to see the results but I think if I hold steady I should be able to kill a bird with these shells.

FYI....the choke is a SumToy 650

BigStrutter

Nice patterns.  :icon_thumright:   That 20 yard is going to be some nasty business for Ol' Mr. Tom. 
"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep"

learn2hide

looks like a dead turkey but really need to put it on a larger piece of paper too so you can see the whole thing...definitely the 20 and 30yd shows the importance of taking good aim with these tight chokes and hi density loads
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

WyoHunter

Quote from: learn2hide on April 05, 2014, 09:07:20 PM
looks like a dead turkey but really need to put it on a larger piece of paper too so you can see the whole thing...definitely the 20 and 30yd shows the importance of taking good aim with these tight chokes and hi density loads
:icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

dannyrob14

what was the gun/choke combo here/ looks like good pattern at 40 but tough to see full pattern on them all. you can put cheap wax paper behind it.

memert116

I'm shooting a Beretta 391 with a SumToy Choke that I believe is .650.  However I switched to Magnum Blend shells and am getting absolutely amazing patterns at all distances.

mtns2hunt

Quote from: learn2hide on April 05, 2014, 09:07:20 PM

I agree a larger piece of paper would give a better picture of how your shotgun is patterning. Also a set of sticks or a lead sled would steady up your aim some. You may have a much better pattern then you think. The forty yard target is about where I find the best patterns with #4 LB I would also shoot at 50 yards for effect. Think I will try some #5 LB out of curiosity and perhaps increase my pellet count. I know #6 long beard works well out to 40 yards and so does #4 LB to 40 and beyond. I have been hearing good things about Hevi 7's also. Thanks for sharing.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.