turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

True Double/Triple

Started by Jimmyc, March 10, 2017, 04:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmyc

I was just wondering if anyone had any helpful information on the composition of the # of reeds, reed thickness etc of the stacked calls similar to the True Double and True double II calls and even the True triple.
Thanks
Jim

GobbleNut

As I recall, those calls were made of thin reed material,...probably all proph, or perhaps a combination of proph and .003,...or something close.  Of course, the true double was a 2-reed call,...and the true-triple was a three-reeder.  Both of them were a real mouthful in the original forms.  :D 

Jimmyc

Thanks a bunch. Way back I used the true double and I liked it a lot. I figured that I would like to try my hand at making one. Thanks for the info

bangbird

I killed my 1st gobbler with the True Double.  That use to be my go to call before I started building my own and made new discoveries, and I have not run one in years.  I've made  few of them.  They are all proph.

Jimmyc

Thanks a bunch.  If I remember right, the top call had 2 layers and the call underneath had just one layer. (maybe that was the true double II) Sound right to you? Do you remember what the triple had for layering?
Jim

bangbird

That's the True Double II.

The True Triple was all single reeds of proph