turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just Bought A New Cub Cadet

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, April 09, 2011, 10:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

I know this ain't about turkey hunting, but I was needing a new mower.  So I ended up just buying this one.  It's supposed to be here later today or Monday.  I'm kind of excited.   :lol:

http://www.sappingtonprooutdoor.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=0884411X4K9K2011J9I47I16JAMQ3754R0&veh=233311&CatDesc=Lawn+Mowers&ModelYear=2011

boggszilla

Nice mower,i have the zero turn 50" model.i think its a zrt 50,not sure.what size deck is that one??i've never had a problem with mine.i can cut my yard in 50 min.i think your model and mine are close to the same price.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Thanks.  I have heard great things about Cub Cadet mowers.  I had a John Deere before this one that lasted me 10yrs I believe.  Those zero turn mowers are very nice and quick.  But they were a little more expensive with the 50" deck model.  I think around $3000.  This one was $2299 and it has a 25 horse Kohler which is what I was wanting.  The 50" deck isn't really needed but I figured it was just icing on the cake.   :lol:

boggszilla

:agreed: mine has a briggs 22 hp,i would rather have the kolher as well.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

briancady

goblr77

You will love the Kohler motor. I bought a ToroZ5030 a couple years ago that has a 23HP Kolhler. That is the best small engine I've ever had.  :you_rock:

turkey_slayer

Most kohlers are good especially the command pros.  I have an exmark with one that I finally had to replace at 2678 hours when the crankshaft gear broke.   There are certain models to stay away from as with any line though.  The Briggs Vanguard is the best in my opinion right now as far as air cooled.  These are commercial engines though and its not uncommon to get over 3000 hours out of one

ILIKEHEVI-13

Thanks for the info turkey slayer.

Mine had some extra features than the one I posted earlier.  It's got a front bumper and side arm rest on the seat whcih I think I'm gonna love.  I'm getting ready to go use it.  They just dropped it off awhile ago. 

Here's a few pictures.

[attachment deleted by admin]

cannonball

Nice mower. Cub makes very good products. :icon_thumright:

BOFF

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 09, 2011, 04:51:51 PM
Thanks for the info turkey slayer.

Mine had some extra features than the one I posted earlier.  It's got a front bumper and side arm rest on the seat whcih I think I'm gonna love.  I'm getting ready to go use it.  They just dropped it off awhile ago.  

Here's a few pictures.

Nice mower!! I like it!!

You better check the oil level in it before you use it. Just because it's supposed to be ready doesn't always mean it is.

Where's the gun rack???? ???

God Bless,
David B.

deadbuck

I have a lt 1042 and it is pretty good. The problem I have had with it is it leaks oil around the newfangled drain plug apparatus. Finally screwed it out and put a lead pipe nipple in it and stopped the leak. The newfangled 1/2 turn to drain plug can get you in a bind.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I think this one is going to have to go back.  When I mow down my steep hill it starts smoking really bad.  And I mean bad.  I let my buddy's dad look at it and he said that's not right.  Oil is getting in the air filter when it does that.  Something ain't right.  He told me to call them Monday.  But he said not to worry that they will fix it and it's under a 3yr warranty.  Just my luck. 

SinGin

What did you do, sell your intire turkey choke collection to pay for that thing? Looks nice though.

gatrkyhntr70

Brad; What the heck were you thinking??? This is going to cut into your choke buying money!!  :happy0064:
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-