OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mercer county ,PA

Started by Disney, April 19, 2017, 09:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disney

On April 18th, 2017, I was at my niece's house, sitting outside. Between 1pm and 4pm the three mountaisides in view of her home reverberated with at least 150 gobbles. Different birds in different spots but they gobbled their heads off. There was a 15 minute pause in the action so I blew my car horn. The scenario continued again until I left at 4pm. It was 78°, sunny and no wind. My niece saw three different flocks going in different directions on Monday.
Maker of Timber Tune Custom made pot calls. Fine domestic and beautiful exotic wood.
timbertunes126@gmail.com

HFultzjr

Sounds like you've found a hunting spot!
:fud: :OGani:

Disney

I wish but it's posted, posted. Private large tract of land. The owner is totally against turkey hunting. He says they are his pets. I can't hunt my niece's place because he is her landlord. Been trying to figure out how to come in the backdoor but too many houses there. At least I can listen for gobbling.
Maker of Timber Tune Custom made pot calls. Fine domestic and beautiful exotic wood.
timbertunes126@gmail.com

HFultzjr

Sounds familiar. I have a large tract of mountain just across the road from me. Posted and they are my listening and activity birds. Nice to get up in the morning, go to my deck with a cup of coffee and hear the morning wake up. Doesn't do much for my wanting to be over there. And yes, I've tried to get permission. No go, any way, shape, or form. Stay away. Doesn't seem to stop the illegal 4 wheelers and the occasional gun shot though. I guess they shoot and then high tail it out of there, as there are many trails. About 6-8 gobblers across the road this year.