turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SX3 NWTF Cantilever Mount

Started by hd mike, February 27, 2017, 02:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hd mike

I had a chance to purchase a new SX3 NWTF Edition 12ga. with a Cantilever mounted 24" barrel. I have a Leupold VX-1 scope (with the turkey plex) and would like to know how to mount the scope. Can I go with just scope rings, or do I need some kind of mount ? I'm all new to the cantilever system, never used or shot one before.

Duffer58

The SX3 cantilever base is a weaver style base.  Your scope rings will mount directly to the base.
870 SPS SM 23" Barrel / Indian Creek 0.665 / EO Tech 512 & Weatherby SA-459 / Carlson 0.555 / Vortex Venom

hd mike

Quote from: Duffer58 on February 27, 2017, 08:11:28 PM
The SX3 cantilever base is a weaver style base.  Your scope rings will mount directly to the base.

Thank you for the info !

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Duffer58 on February 27, 2017, 08:11:28 PM
x2...my favorite setup when wanting to mount a scope..I bet you'll really like that Leupold..Post up a pic if you get a chance...

the Ward

Yes, just need weaver type rings. Probably would go with the lowest height rings that the scope will allow, as the cantilever will set up a little higher than a receiver mounted base. Nice thing about them is it will maintain zero if you remove the barrel, as the scope/barrel stay together as a unit.

Deast1988

Went with Weaver low mounts. I have a sx3 NWTF 20ga I put a 1.5-4 leupold AR scope on I had the scope laying around from another project.

Duffer58

Looks great.  Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?  If so - how did it pattern?
870 SPS SM 23" Barrel / Indian Creek 0.665 / EO Tech 512 & Weatherby SA-459 / Carlson 0.555 / Vortex Venom

Deast1988

It smokes

Nitro striaght 7s I get consistent 220+ at 40yds.

Deast1988

Ive shot the extra full with heavyweight 7s mag blend heavyweight 6s wasn't impressed.
Pure gold .555 was sweet spot for me 150s with #7 heavy weight. 110 with heavyweight 6, 160s with magblend. The nitro 1 5/16 #7 just throws a dense pattern. Its first season I went with a scope last year I had FF2. But the cross hairs I dialed in at 10yds then did some 20 an 30yd test then made sure 40 was one. Bird was 25yds when I shot yesterday.

Duffer58

Nice looking bird.  Well done! 

lunghit

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Ohio hunter88

Smoke one. With my sx3 as well.  Going to get mine drilled and tapped for a red dot. Very soon

mossyoakpro

I'm really pondering this gun to upgrade to....You guys may have inspired me!  I like the looks of the Longbeard model because of the pistol grip and the stock that can be adjusted.

Thanks for the inspiration and congrats on the birds!!!
Phillippians 4:13