turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Virginia 2017

Started by Vaturkeyhntr, February 25, 2017, 08:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaturkeyhntr

Went out this morning for the first time.  Heard 6 that were gobbling real good in the tree.  Couple birds gobbled a few times on the ground along with some hen talk right with them.

chow hound

I went out this morning in central VA.  Heard 1 gobble 1 time.

spursRus

Been out last couple weeks finishing up trap line and have heard a couple birds but been seeing flocks upon flocks in northern VA.

Vaturkeyhntr

Heard 1 bird gobble 1 time this morning.  Warmer weather coming back this week should get them goin again.

skimerhorn

I plan on going sat or sun to listen in fluvanna

mtns2hunt

Been out twice have not heard a thing but crows. May go out in the am.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

vabeardhunter

Haven't heard anything yet in Louisa county.

mtns2hunt

Went out agian this am - no Gobbles. However, driving down the road I seen a flock of Gobblers about 9 in all out in the open. Then farther along I glanced out in a feild and there must have been 40 Turkeys Gobblers were strutting and hens just doing their thing. Seems like they are still grouped up. Snow and cooler weather may slow them down this week end and hopefully the green up.

chow hound

Nothing in central VA this morning.

mbowyer51

Where at in central Virginia are you guys from? Curious because I hunt in Bedford some. Also I'm going out to listen in wise county in the morning I'll report back what I find.

Vaturkeyhntr

I'm in Stafford County.  Hunt in Stafford, King George, Fauquier, and Prince Wiiliam

chow hound

I hunt Cumberland and Amelia

Vaturkeyhntr

Cold morning with temps around 20° but was still able to hear 2 birds gobble a couple times each in the tree

mbowyer51

Cold, windy, and raining yesterday morning could not have heard one even if he did gobble. I'll try again next week

mtns2hunt

Out this am. Cold and very windy with snow flurrys. No gobbles. Now that winter has returned I think the action will slow back down.