turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Buying Season

Started by davisd9, February 24, 2017, 11:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Got that fastfire mounted n spent an hour n multiple breaks just to get the battery cover on. I'm used to threading things so I was babying it not to strip it. It'd do fine without the battery, once battery was installed the cover wouldn't catch. After the hour I finally miracously got it.
Turned it in n it looked good. Turned it to a brighter setting n there were lines all over the glass n looked like paint splatter all over. Little lower got a cool comet image. At the automatic setting it seemed ok. In the daylight outside it seemed ok.
Went to shoot it in. First shot w light hand loads the battery cover n battery came off. Just like the sight is about to come off this gun.
Anyone who uses one best be prepared to wrestle w it. Calling Burris Monday. Hopefully they send me another. Going on my daughters Buckmaster hunter. It's a .22 pistol w a rail already attached. I need things more bullet proof. Even w old eyes I'm not up for this. Maybe next year I'll try a scope.
Don't do it Bill

dirt road ninja

Good luck. I tried it and it wasn't for me either

BABS9

Good to know. Sucks about your troubles though. If i go the red dot route I will get the Vortex over the fast fire. Thanks

Bowguy

Quote from: BABS9 on March 12, 2017, 11:02:00 AM
Good to know. Sucks about your troubles though. If i go the red dot route I will get the Vortex over the fast fire. Thanks
Yea both made in the Philippines anyway I believe. Cool update is that Jrrodc informed me you can simply return stuff where I got it. Labels already printed. Yeehaw!

Rzrbac

Going to try and make it to visit Jack Lewis and get a tube call from him.  Figure that will give me something to pass my time until season opens. Never tried one before so it should be interesting.

davisd9

Quote from: Rzrbac on March 13, 2017, 10:28:42 PM
Going to try and make it to visit Jack Lewis and get a tube call from him.  Figure that will give me something to pass my time until season opens. Never tried one before so it should be interesting.

Been wanting to learn one for 2-3 years now, need to get off my duff and get one to get started. Awesome call!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

SwampRooster17

Really like my killer keg

Rzrbac

I've had this all of an hour and can get some nice yelps. There's a lot of different sounds that this call can make from high and clear to a big break with some rasp. I'm not real consistent yet but I'm gonna like this call.  My first time running a tube call.

Mr Lewis is such a nice fellow with a lot of knowledge and talent. He made this call while I was there.

davisd9

dirt road ninja and my wads came in today:

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Bowguy

Very cool about the call n the wads. Next year I may dabble in making some. I think tss comes in 7 n that's the smallest size we can use. Nothing I do cept waterfowl n turkey I buy. Make arrows, flies, use to mold black powder balls, most my guns haven't ever seen a factory load rifle, pistol or shotgun except for the previously mentioned rounds.

BABS9

Well bit the bullet and picked this up today. Stayed away from the Burris because of Mikes experience and the fact the vortex has way more brightness settings. So far it looks great. Seems well built. Going to get it mounted next week after I get the gun drilled and tapped.

davisd9

Let us know your opinion! I think it will be a fine optic for you!

davisd9

Quote from: davisd9 on March 06, 2017, 10:13:06 AM
This showed up Saturday. Our very own SwampRooster17 made it. Hope to put it to good use!

Dirt Road and I tested out SwampRooster17's tote this long weekend! I give it two thumbs up!

Rzrbac

Okay I'm done with the buying season but this forum got me thinking about trying something on my shotgun.  I was at a gun shop this weekend and they had a rail and scope that I had been contemplated. Gonna dial it in this week and see how I like it.  My Williams Firesights are still on it if I back out.

dirt road ninja

Hope y'all optics work out. I'll probably put together a gun with them for my daughter next year .