OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

browning bdx turkey loads

Started by Izzyjoe, February 20, 2017, 11:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izzyjoe

I've noticed that browning has thrown there hat in the ring, anybody tried them yet?

trkehunr93

was wondering the same thing, the wad looks very similar to federals flight control wad.  Smaller payload for 3 and 3.5" shells also.  I'm sure someone will try them. 

RebelW

Purchased a box a few minutes ago. When the rain clears I will try them
MAKE'M FLOP!!

Izzyjoe

First time I seen them was on midway site, and they are in stock, so I'm going to get a box of 6's and try them. Should do well with an undertaker choke in the 870.

RebelW

I'm going to try it in an 870 and SSX .643.. Might be to tight for that wad though.. What do y'all think
MAKE'M FLOP!!

trkehunr93

The wad looks like the flite control wad, I would say non-ported choke, something in the .665 range.  But who knows, .643 might work.  Curious to see the results.

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

kybowhunter

Junk. Shot the 3.5" #6 today at 40yds. Rem versamax Turlock longbeard .663. Didn't even put enough pellets in a 10" to count. Pretty evenly spread across a 3' x 3' piece of cardboard.

NYlogbeards

seems just like another cheap lead load tbh... Federal, Remington and Winchester already have the market covered imo, you want a lead load get Longbeards

RebelW

Shot them today..... THEY SUCK!  :z-twocents:
MAKE'M FLOP!!

owlhoot

They didn't unseat Hornady did they?
That would be unbelievable!

RebelW

MAKE'M FLOP!!

Izzyjoe

I was Gona try some, but I'm thinking I'll pass. Has anyone shot some at a pattern board at 30 and 40yds?

Bowguy

Quote from: owlhoot on March 04, 2017, 09:23:31 PM
They didn't unseat Hornady did they?
That would be unbelievable!
That's funny

Philippe

Stick with the LB's guys, these are just a cheaper alternative with Winchesters version of a flight control wad. I tried their waterfowl loads and they are garbage as well.