OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Darrell Gibson Crow & Owl set

Started by pappy, February 15, 2017, 03:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

I have never had the pleasure of meeting anyone as knowledgeable in the field of call making then Mr. G. He has always been gracious and has shared his talent in crow and owl call making with me for some time now and i still could listen to his expert advice for hours without getting tired. I got these two in the mail today a Walnut duo in his newest crow call style and his newest owl call in open reed style.  There is not anyone out there who can hold a light when it comes to crow calls then Mr. G and this open reed owl call is not only innovative but dead on. I would definitely advise any one who is looking for realism in crow and owl both to contact him. A good friend and teacher and fellow Christian....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Rzrbac

Just got these in the mail. WOW!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buzzardroost

How much that set you back on the crow if you don't mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC0331

Rzrbac

I've seen a lot of people rave about Mr. Gibson's crow calls. I now know why, you can just breathe into it and you can't help but make good crow sounds. That owl hooter is gonna surprise a lot of folks too. 

Bowhuntr73

Gotta try one of his old style owl calls when I actually find one! Those are sure nice!!

NCbowjunkie

Call Darrell and he will make you anything u want old style to new.

Rzrbac

So I took Mr. Gibson's crow call to the woods with me today while I was shed hunting. I haven't studied crow vocabulary yet so I was basically just blowing the call. I got those crows stirred up and had 5 fly over. They all flared as I didn't have a gun or make an effort to hide. I know that call sure sounded like a crow, all I've ever had was a cheap call I used ever once in awhile to try and locate a gobbler. I believe I'm gonna have to study up a little and learn to call crows. I've got the right call for it that's for sure.

USMC0331

My wife called me the other day when I was at work to let me know to put my calls out of the kids reach. I showed my daughter how to turn the call sideways and to blow hard through the side to make a hawk squeal. Since I left it on the counter she tried it out and she had two hawks come in and land on back deck. I was happy she called them in , she was very excited, my wife just about turned into a she devil.

Rzrbac

At least she went outside with them :D. I have to call an owl, crow, turkey or elk into our living room.

SteelerFan

They look nice!

I'm curious? Just HOW does that open reed owl call function? I can't wrap my brain around the concept?? (Not much to work with, I guess...lol)

NCbowjunkie

Stellar fan send me a pm with your email and I have a video of Gibson running his hooter and stubby crow call I try to send it

SteelerFan

Quote from: NCbowjunkie on February 23, 2017, 07:51:24 PM
Stellar fan send me a pm with your email and I have a video of Gibson running his hooter and stubby crow call I try to send it

Done. Thanks!

Rzrbac

The owl hooter works like any open reed call you would use for coyotes.  Just make sure to keep your lips and teeth off the reed. I play it with my lips on the bands. You just cup your hands and create backpressure like a regular hooter. It's really simple after just a little practice. It has an incredibly loud laugh to it.