OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

TruGlo SSX Choke Tubes

Started by Wrangler95, February 12, 2017, 08:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrangler95

Just been reading some old post from 2015 and was alarmed at what I read about the TruGlo SSX tube.Many people had these tubes to seize up in the barrel and needed a pipe wrench to get the tubes to unscrew from the barrel and then no tubes would screw back in.I have a Mossberg 935 and bought the SSX choke tube recently and after reading these post I'm afraid to use it in my barrel.Can anyone shed some lite on this subject and has this problem been taken care of?Thanks for the reply soon.
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Vaturkeyhntr

Used the SSX in my 835 last season and it performed flawlessly!! (Knock on wood).  By far the best pattern I've ever shot.  I shoot the 3 1/2in #6 LB's

Jbird22

I've shot SSX's in my 12 and 20 and haven't had a problem with either one. I use a dab of breech plug grease on my choke tubes to keep them from seizing up.

Greg Massey

Quote from: JBIRD22 on February 12, 2017, 09:09:25 PM
I've shot SSX's in my 12 and 20 and haven't had a problem with either one. I use a dab of breech plug grease on my choke tubes to keep them from seizing up.
x2 i do the same on all my tubes...

M,Yingling

I put one in my 535 and with longbeards don't think I could get any better ,, I did not put any anti seize first time I shoot it and was little tuff getting out but sence then I put dab anti seize on every time I have cleaned it and never had problem   
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: Wrangler95 on February 12, 2017, 08:52:06 PM
Just been reading some old post from 2015 and was alarmed at what I read about the TruGlo SSX tube.Many people had these tubes to seize up in the barrel and needed a pipe wrench to get the tubes to unscrew from the barrel and then no tubes would screw back in.I have a Mossberg 935 and bought the SSX choke tube recently and after reading these post I'm afraid to use it in my barrel.Can anyone shed some lite on this subject and has this problem been taken care of?Thanks for the reply soon.

Wrangler I've been using mine in my 935 since the long beards hit the market....I take it out regularly with absolutely no problem and it comes out with little effort!   Plus to me I've got some great patterns with it!!  God bless

Patterned it again this past Saturday temps in the low 60s

30 yards 6 shot 2 oz 315 inside 10inch circle.

40 yards 6 shot 2 oz 274 inside 10inch circle. (Pulled it alittle to the right)
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Dr Juice

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 12, 2017, 09:30:08 PM
Quote from: JBIRD22 on February 12, 2017, 09:09:25 PM
x2 i do the same on all my tubes...
X3. Any synthetic grease will be just as good. I never had a problem. Knock on wood. Insert the tube and reap the benefits!

captpete

I bought one for my 870 and it screwed in real hard. I put a little grease on it, but it didn't make a difference. I never shot it and sent it back. That is the only choke that I have ever had trouble with.

chatterbox

No problems in either my 835, or my 20 ga. Turkey Thug,
Never had a choke pattern better in either gun!

jed clampett

I have one in my 835 last 3 years..no problems ...great patterns with longbeard and magblends

Wrangler95

After your opinions,I will use it in my 835 and 935.I have some breech plug grease I will put on the threads!Thanks for your valued opinions
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

chatterbox

Quote from: Wrangler95 on February 13, 2017, 09:24:41 AM
After your opinions,I will use it in my 835 and 935.I have some breech plug grease I will put on the threads!Thanks for your valued opinions
I think you're gonna be very pleased!
Those chokes shoot very well through those Mossbergs!

northms

Picked up a SSX this weekend for my Mossberg 835 turkey thug and patterned it with 3" #6 LB XR.

It threw a pattern at about 17 yards the size of a soft ball. At 43 yards it still threw a great pattern with no gaps. If one gets within 40 yards it's in real trouble. Put the red dot on the neck....BOOM.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

bornagain64

I have had one on my 535 for 5 years now. No problems, take it our after shooting and clean the barrel. I leave mine out of the  barrel and store it seperately. Just put a little grease on it , insert it and repeat. Patterns great with Heavy shot Mag Blend 3 1/2". I also polished the barrel which helps a lot.