News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

billy buice trumpets

Started by greentag, February 12, 2017, 07:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Quote from: ccleroy on May 12, 2019, 09:50:24 AM

Another addition, Macassar Ebony-Micarta Flat mouthpieces in #3 & #4 and a standard delrin in #4.

Beautiful call! Dropped the check in the mail yesterday for one I have been waiting on. How you like flat tipped mouthpieces?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ccleroy

Quote from: davisd9 on May 12, 2019, 10:32:21 AM

Beautiful call! Dropped the check in the mail yesterday for one I have been waiting on. How you like flat tipped mouthpieces?

I like them, definitely have a different tone to them.

Fl strutter

I recently received #3&4 flat mouthpieces from Mr Billy and they play different to me they have more rasp to them for sure but at this time are harder for me to play but ive only had my first trumpet about 3 months.

Chris O

Quote from: drenalinld on May 12, 2019, 10:07:04 AM
There is no "best". Mr Billy's fave is Osage. His 200 yr old Osage is never a bad choice. No matter what you are told there is little difference in sound of any wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I agree with not being able to hear much or any difference between woods . I would buy a call that you think looks good. Congrats on your new edition Ricky.

drenalinld

Mouthpiece type has more effect on sound. Mr Billy's interchangeable design allows experimentation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bennett

crow

Very sharp classy looking call, I like the mouthpiece

perrytrails

Quote from: warrent423 on May 16, 2019, 04:37:05 PM
Just ordered me a 6.5 osage with a #4 flat micarta mouthpiece from Mr. Billy. Hoping to break it in this upcoming October on a Fall ridge running Tn. Gobbler.

I have the same trumpet, mine is 6 inch, made with fence post Osage. Absolutely love it. 

KentuckyHeadhunter

Just ordered me a 6.5 osage with a #4 flat micarta mouthpiece from Mr. Billy. Hoping to break it in this upcoming October on a Fall ridge running Tn. Gobbler.

If you can run a trumpet you'll like that mouthpiece.  Definitely gets more rasp.  Does Billy make a 6.5"?
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

nitro

Yes he does upon request.
Royal Slam 2008

Terry

Nitro, I'd love to see your collection. I've seen bits and pieces. Ever Do a group pic?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

davisd9

Did Mr. Billy say when he got more Osage in? When I spoke with him the other week all he had was sold and he did not see where he would get much more.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

davisd9

Quote from: warrent423 on May 17, 2019, 10:23:24 AM
Quote from: davisd9 on May 17, 2019, 10:20:57 AM
I ordered this call over 2 weeks ago

Did Mr. Billy say when he got more Osage in? When I spoke with him the other week all he had was sold and he did not see where he would get much more.

Cannot wait to see it on the thread

davisd9

5-1/2" Lignum Vitae

SwampRooster17

Nice!