OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

billy buice trumpets

Started by greentag, February 12, 2017, 07:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitro

I am pleased to see so many supporting Mr. Billy. He is a very humble man. His many years as a callmaker have certainly cemented his place in the history of turkey call builders.. I am blessed to be able to call him a friend for so long.

Those on the fence, please call Billy and order a boxcall, scratch box or trumpet call of your own. You will not regret spending the money.

Best,

AG
Royal Slam 2008

drenalinld

Sure glad you and others pointed me his way a 7 or 8 years ago, AG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KPcalls

Chris O

Got me a awesome call today

chefrific

Beauty! Congrats.  Wait till that Osage colors up. You have a killer right there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gut_Pile

Proud to be included. Billy is a national treasure and a great friend
Proud Member of The Tenth Legion Since 2004

chefrific

Those 50th anniversary sets from Billy are NICE!!!  :drool:

nitro

Yes they are . All are sold. Wait list is long too... They have a different thread pattern than the other screw in Billy makes. Super nice Rosewood.
Royal Slam 2008

mgm1955

mossyhead

Amazing calls.  How does mr Buice's numbering system work. I have an Osage #749.  Is that 749 since he started?  I see that the fence post call was #13 is that because it was a special run?

eorlando

Quote from: mossyhead on February 27, 2018, 11:18:16 PM
Amazing calls.  How does mr Buice's numbering system work. I have an Osage #749.  Is that 749 since he started?  I see that the fence post call was #13 is that because it was a special run?

That is the number that he is made in that type of wood. Each type of wood gets numbered on the order it was made.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

nitro

Billy's numbering system is quite interesting..

Very early examples are likely not numbered. (some weren't even signed.) I have seen a few signed on the outside of the bell end of the trumpet.  Best I can remember, he began numbering calls in the late 80s.

He does number as to wood species, special orders, and sets . There are quite a few one of's and commissioned orders out there also.

Billy's total number of calls produced is a tall number ( many thousands over 50 years, and he is the only one who truly knows how many calls he has built.)

Quote from: mossyhead on February 27, 2018, 11:18:16 PM

Royal Slam 2008

land cruiser

I would love to get Billy's contact info if someone could PM it to me. Thanks!

callmakerman

1995 Cocobolo 5 1/2" with wing bone mp. Plays like a dream and my first in this size. https://imgur.com/a/9P8hy

eorlando

Quote from: callmakerman on March 11, 2018, 01:06:22 PM
1995 Cocobolo 5 1/2" with wing bone mp. Plays like a dream and my first in this size. https://imgur.com/a/9P8hy
Bill let me know when you are ready to sell that one!!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk