OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

billy buice trumpets

Started by greentag, February 12, 2017, 07:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris O

Quote from: gergg on April 30, 2018, 05:29:58 PM
I think this is my favorite playing/sounding trumpet of any maker to date....not a bad looker either.

That's an awesome looker!!!! What mouthpiece do you like best

gergg

Quote from: Chris O on April 30, 2018, 09:37:18 PM
Quote from: gergg on April 30, 2018, 05:29:58 PM
I think this is my favorite playing/sounding trumpet of any maker to date....not a bad looker either.

That's an awesome looker!!!! What mouthpiece do you like best
This was a #3 screw-in and it was awesome.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Chris O

They are all good but 2,3,4 are my favorite ones and 4 is probably my most favorite

Britton40

Matched Pair of African Blackwood.

Chris O

Sharp looking calls. I know you have quite a few so if you don't mind me asking. What is your favorite one and which mouth piece do you like best?Britton 40 or whoever else that has several . I am sure the sound is mostly because of the internals I doubt the wood changes the sound too much anyway. This is more for looks, length of trumpet and mouth piece preference. Thanks for sharing your beautiful calls

Britton40

Quote from: Chris O on August 23, 2018, 08:16:58 PM
Sharp looking calls. I know you have quite a few so if you don't mind me asking. What is your favorite one and which mouth piece do you like best?Britton 40 or whoever else that has several . I am sure the sound is mostly because of the internals I doubt the wood changes the sound too much anyway. This is more for looks, length of trumpet and mouth piece preference. Thanks for sharing your beautiful calls

3 or 4

wchadw

i have a question.  i have a couple of billy's trumpets.  Does anyone know what mouthpeices he has besides the "standard" 2,3,4,5 round?  i normally use a #4 on my all delrin and i love the sound but i would like to try others

i saw somewhere he has a V cut for more rasp? or a flat?  i have screw in 2,3,&4 that are all delrin.  just seeing what other options are.

Thanks

Gut_Pile

He has a flat mp option in each size. I have never known of Billy to cut a V in an of his mouth pieces.  I believe most of those are done by the owner of the call.
Proud Member of The Tenth Legion Since 2004

wchadw

Quote from: Gut_Pile on August 27, 2018, 03:26:59 PM
He has a flat mp option in each size. I have never known of Billy to cut a V in an of his mouth pieces.  I believe most of those are done by the owner of the call.
thanks

Sir-diealot

Well it is going to take about 6-8 months but now that I have gotten in my trumpet from C. Brumfiel and know that I like them I think I am going to be able to save up enough by then to get one from Billy. What wood I am not yet sure.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

davisd9

Never added my little 5.5" Ironwood to the post.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

outdoors

Hey
davisd9  I'm curious , did you just received this recently

I have one coming soon.
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

davisd9

Quote from: outdoors on October 10, 2018, 08:21:42 AM
Hey

I have one coming soon.

End of July
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

outdoors

Quote from: davisd9 on October 10, 2018, 11:25:08 AM
Quote from: outdoors on October 10, 2018, 08:21:42 AM
Hey

I have one coming soon.

End of July
I was wondering if it came from the same peice
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Chris O

Got this 5.5 today Bocote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk