turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Leafy suit or plain camo clothing.

Started by deerbasshunter3, February 12, 2017, 11:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyfoot

If your comfortable in it wear it but really doesn't matter just set up with big tree at your back and army camo will be just fine ts movement ( knowing when and when not to make that last gun adjustment ) is what spooks birds not the brand of camo

davisd9

I am a believer in leafy suits, does it help on a Lo hunts, no, but wearing a leafy top has saved my butt on some birds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

FullChoke

I am a fan of anything that let's you feel invisible, whether it is leaf, ghillie, printed pattern, log pile or a pop-up blind. When you have a hen walk past you within 5 steps and she doesn't spot you, you are way ahead in that aspect of the game.

Do what lets you feel more invisible.

Cheers

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Happy

Tinted windows? That seems to be the official camo of 90% of the guys on the club I am a member of

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

albrubacker

Leafy suit for me! Even for deer hunting I think it helps.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

CMBOSTC

Poncho Ghillies are awesome. Just don't walk through the woods wearing it.

kjnengr

Can anyone suggest a good 3D/Leafy suit or at the very least jacket?  A lot of the ones I have seen (in stock) don't have enough green to me. 

howl

Depends on whether or not you want us to start calling you "Leafy". " Hey, Leafy! Is your Injun name Makes Like a Tree?" "Hey, Leafy? You want a beer? It's Busch! I heard that's your favorite."

OK, OK. I'm done. I'll leaf now.

SteelerFan

Quote from: kjnengr on February 24, 2017, 04:48:18 PM
Can anyone suggest a good 3D/Leafy suit or at the very least jacket?  A lot of the ones I have seen (in stock) don't have enough green to me.

Check out the "green" version

http://m.basspro.com/RedHead-3D-Evolution-Hunting-Jacket-for-Men/product/1210311145/

Farmboy27

Stay still and it won't matter. Move at the wrong time and it won't matter!  Wear what you have faith in. But always put more faith in your woodsmanship than in your camo. Your camo makes you "look cool". Your woodsmanship gets you birds.

GobbleNut

Quote from: MK M GOBL on February 12, 2017, 04:06:46 PM
We have a lot of "Multiflora Rose" in the area I hunt,... is a nightmare in places would have to think it would just tear up a leafy suit, it's already hard enough on regular camo...
MK M GOBL

I wore a leafy suit one time hunting in an area that had an abundance of that "thorny vine crap" that grows in some places.  Never again in that type of country.  I spent more time trying to get "unhooked" than I did hunting. 

I do think there are times and places where it could make the difference between success and failure,  but there are also those times and places where it is just a pain in the posterior!

kjnengr

Quote from: SteelerFan on February 25, 2017, 12:09:33 AM

Check out the "green" version

http://m.basspro.com/RedHead-3D-Evolution-Hunting-Jacket-for-Men/product/1210311145/

Thanks Steelerfan, I did have my eyes on that one but unfortunately they are out of the L/XL size  >:(  All they have is Y/XS and 2XL/3XL.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

M,Yingling

like rest said think movement is key    ,, but my walmart camo was starting fade a bit so I just picked up leafy suit from dicks sporting goods  Ilike it I am bigger and got the 2 x 3 x and should fit realy nice over some others clothes had hood and all face mask  had cut eyes and spitter hole but think it will work
every thing seems be on pretty well as far as leafs ,, but like some said iam sure in some of my spots I wont be wearing the pants as if sure they wont fair well in briars lol
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

guesswho

After green up in the South I use this.  Real lightweight and really green.  May be to much green for what your looking for.
http://arcturusgear.com/products/3d-leaf-suit/
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff