turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best camo netting for ground blind

Started by WyoHunter, February 03, 2017, 04:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyoHunter

i'm looking for camo netting that's quick to set up and not bulky. What do you use? I'd use it for my wife when she hunts with me.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

1iagobblergetter

I use an H.S.Strut 12 ft ×27ish in mesh blind. It has approximately 6 stakes built into it. Cheap,lightweight, affective,and has lasted for many years.I think MidWest Turkey Supply sells them.I also use a Gobbler lounger chair with it and can sit for long periods comfortably if need be. Bought this thru Cabelas,but MidWest also has a version that I hear is just as good or better.

Greg Massey

I just bought some burlap camo from Walmart and got some small pvc pipe cut it at a angle for stakes and tied it with parachute cord. i made a sling were i could loop it around each end for carrying. I've also seen the stakes made with cut cane. You can use about anything for stakes and drill a hole and tie it off ...

BowBendr

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on February 03, 2017, 09:30:15 PM
I use an H.S.Strut 12 ft ×27ish in mesh blind. It has approximately 6 stakes built into it. Cheap,lightweight, affective,and has lasted for many years.I think MidWest Turkey Supply sells them.I also use a Gobbler lounger chair with it and can sit for long periods comfortably if need be. Bought this thru Cabelas,but MidWest also has a version that I hear is just as good or better.

^^  This  ^^
That small blind and gobbler lounger are the perfect combo if you know you are going to sitting for a bit. I even use it when i'm roaming. It's fast, comfy and quiet, I can't tell you how many birds i've had at 2' and they never know a thing. You can get 2 people behind that blind also.

RS

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on February 03, 2017, 09:30:15 PM

For the last 12 years I have used a homemade stakeout blind with the same HS strut mesh that is in the blind they sell now.  It really works.  Also, if you accidentally shoot through the top of the mesh material you can still kill a turkey. Don't ask me how I know this.

Marc

I have used an H.S. Strutt ground blind (I believe it is this one).

http://www.hunterspec.com/product/collapsible-super-light-portable-ground-blind

It is super light, collapsible with telescoping legs (you can adjust it to hide sitting on the ground or sitting on a chair).

I use mine duck hunting, and it does gain weight after soaking water, but dry, it is light and very portable, and easy to set up.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.