turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Browning nwtf bps

Started by spring fling, January 26, 2017, 03:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spring fling

i went and picked it up this morning and spent about an hour and a half deep cleaning barrel.  Im still not satisfied im gonna do some more tomorrow.  Do theseshotguns do well with a polished barrel.  Id hate to ruin a new gun.

the Ward

Congrats on a great looking gun! I am not 100% positive, but I think Brownings have a chrome lined bore. All the ones I have seen were all very nicely finished, I don't think I would try to polish it. Have you tried to patterned  it yet? 

potter

I just bought the same gun. Put on rhino 690. But cannot put half the numbers up other people on this form do. Waiting on nitros 457 .fed heavy fc 7 s  125 in the 10 at 40. Not sure what im doing wrong. Cleaned and polished barrel.not sure if its chrome.

Rem Man

The nitros will smoke a great pattern with the rhino!!! I have found the Feds need a super clean barrell every shot and doesn't like the rhino choke. Try a fed hw with a a kicks 690! Good luck.

spring fling

Quote from: Rem Man on January 28, 2017, 07:08:32 PM
The nitros will smoke a great pattern with the rhino!!! I have found the Feds need a super clean barrell every shot and doesn't like the rhino choke. Try a fed hw with a a kicks 690! Good luck.
would you get the 690 or 720 rhino

Rem Man

Kicks 690 all the way!  I have purchased all the chokes for my bps, and the kicks .690 honestly is very consistent and shoots nitros, feds and mag blends awesome!! The rhino seems very picky with shells other than the nitro . If I can help let me know!

potter

Is there that much difference between a rhino 690 and a kicks 690. Im new at this choke game. Bought the rhino and ordered nitros. Used up my old shells 4.  5.   6.   7.   And mag blend with poor results. Polished barrel with 0000 steel wool improved a little. Thinking of trying fed hw 7 with improved cyl that came with it. Tried browing turkey choke with approx same results. Open for any suggestions

potter

Forgot to mention I replaced fiber sights could not lower rear sight enough got close by mounting in center of barrel. I now have fiber optic in front and installed middle bead. Really like this can see more of target. My poi seems good so far.been waiting on nitros for a week now .good luck keep me posted

spring fling

I finally got done deep cleaning the barrel.  Ive scrubed on this thing for 4 hours.  Its nice and shiney.  Does polishing help on a browning.  Ive heard several say a mossberg doesnt like a polished barrel.  Havent heard or read anything about a browning.