OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli M2 ??

Started by 1iagobblergetter, December 25, 2016, 03:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1iagobblergetter

My son is wanting a Benelli M2 and I just about have enough Cabela bucks on my business credit card now so figured I would spend them on him.I'm wondering what the pros and cons are on the M2s . I have a SBE and 2 SBE2s which I feel especially the last 2 have been somewhat of a pain with poa/poi issues which I overcame with different shell/choke combos. My main concern is do the M2s seem to have this same problem. I love the reliability of the Benellis just don't care to go through the poa/poi issues if the M2s are known for them and would like to know if they have any other common problems. He also will be using it for deer (buying the sighted rifled barrel) turkeys,and pheasants will probably go 26 inch barrel length any opinions ??  Thanks for any and all info.

neal

The M2 is the go to gun for Rob Roberts, he does all of the customizing work for Benelli. He would be the best source for any info about a M2. I am looking for a M2 for my wife on his recommendation. I have SBEII he built for me and it's lights out.

He's extremely knowledgeable and very helpful.
http://www.robrobertsgunworks.com/

Neal
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

boatpaddle

The M2 is the go to gun for Rob Roberts, he does all of the customizing work for Benelli. He would be the best source for any info about a M2. I am looking for a M2 for my wife on his recommendation. I have SBEII he built for me and it's lights out.

He's extremely knowledgeable and very helpful.
http://www.robrobertsgunworks.com/

Ditto...... :newmascot:

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

1iagobblergetter

Thanks guys..He's helped me before on my SBE2s. For some reason I never thought about asking him the pros and cons of the M2's this go round. I'll give him a call and see what he has to say on them. My son doesn't need a crusher just something that throws a good even poa/poi pattern at ethical yardage.   

SteelerFan

I have an M2 12 ga w / 26 barrel. LOVE it. Never had a problem with POA / POI with mine. I did put a TriViz on it just for the heck of it and it works great. Doves, geese, ducks, Turkey. Haven't used it on deer.

The 26" barrel is well balanced. The gun feels light due to the great balance. Never felt handicapped with the 3" chamber.

3bailey3

I have the M2 in 20 gauge with a 26 inch barrel, sum toy choke and Hevy 7's, turkeyhunt only wh it and I love it, mine shoots straight and I like the low recoil and the light weight of it.

reynolds243

I've had my M2 for a few years now and I don't even use my SBE2 anymore. Mine doesn't have any POI issues and shot HW7 very good but shoots TSS even better :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

That's an awesome looking rig there reynolds 243.

1iagobblergetter

Thanks for the replies....I'm going to go ahead and buy one(M2) for him before spring turkey season. With all the new shell/choke combos I've also gotten away from 3.5 in. I think the poa/poi must be more of a SBE2 thing with the barrel being half of the receiver. I can't wait to see how it shoots I may end up with one for myself someday!!

Marc

I owned an M-2...  I am cross-dominant (left eye dominant and right handed) and did suffer from POI/POA issues, but my father with my same exact gun did not.  I have no idea why, but having owned an M-1 and M-2, they both wanted to shoot way to the left for me (or I want to shoot them to the left)...

I was able to correct (to some degree) the issues in the M-2 with shims...

Flawless gun as far as reliability and ease of maintenance.  I shoot my current gas gun better, but it is not nearly as reliable and not nearly as easy to clean and maintain...  It does recoil less though.

Between waterfowl, dove, pheasant, and targets, I probably put 500-1000 rounds through a gun in the course of a year...  Gas gun less recoil, more work, inertia gun more recoil, more reliable, less work.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.