turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Scissors for latex

Started by turkeykiller22, December 22, 2016, 10:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeykiller22

What all scissors do you guys use for making the cut in the top reed? Ive always used a small pair that knight and hale sold a while back in a call making kit. They have recently dulled and will no longer cut latex...  :-\ 

Thanks for the help!
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

Lonehowl

Ive used a few different kinds, but I settled on the small Fiskers you can get at Walmart. Super sharp, but watch out for the tips...they are also super sharp.
Mark

GobbleNut

I have used an assortment and have found that most will cut the latex cleanly,...even some very inexpensive scissors.  I do prefer sharp-tipped scissors that can be easily slipped between the latex layers.  Rounded ones will work,...just a bit more difficult to work with.  You certainly don't have to spend a lot of money on scissors that will do the job.  There are many.

I personally carry some small, inexpensive scissors with me in the field so I can modify calls when hunting if the need arises.  I will also, at times, carry enough call making materials with me to make a call or two in a pinch,..or if I am just bored and passing time. 

GED6531

I use Dr Slick scissors. They are extremely sharp and cut very well. I got mine at Bass Pro Shops in the fly fishing section.

turkeykiller22

Thanks for the help guys! I bought the fiskars at walmart and they are sharp. For me they are a little long for my liking so I have ordered some fly fishing scissors. We will see how they compare. Thanks for the help from everyone.

Drew
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

Gooserbat

I use straight point cutical scissors found at a beauty supply.  I'm not a fan of the curved point.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.