OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

truglo open, disappointed

Started by knotheadedfool, April 06, 2011, 08:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knotheadedfool

I mounted one on my 500, I wanted to put my scope on it but it mounts too low for the top tang safety to be easily worked  :(   ......so I went looking for a red dot and decided to see what all the fuss is about on the open/reflex style and ended up with the truglo.  It seems like a nice little sight and dialed in quickly.  Very little paralax further or closer than 30 yards (its adjusted for 30) and everything seemed great.  That is until I went to shoot with the sun in my face and I couldn't see through the sight.  I could see the dot, but with the sun in my face the rear of the sight basically turned into a mirror.  If anybody likes these things and wants one cheap, let me know.

Skeeterbait

The new hooded model should help this.  Yes glare on the lens at times is a problem, it is just the way this type of sight is no matter who makes it.  However open both eyes and concentrate on the target.  You don't actually have to see through it to shoot it.  Hard to explain but with both eyes open, the left eye sees the target the right sees the dot and the brain puts the two together.  It works.  

knotheadedfool

I did just what you said, and to me it was still an unacceptable sight picture.  I could see the dot, I could see the target, but the little box reflecting back at me was annoying.  I don't like it.

kwil13

what do you want to sell it for?
Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway.........John Wayne
Support NWTF
Support Delta Waterfowl

knotheadedfool

hookedspur

Ill take it , if you still have it.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

kwil13