turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Australian cypress

Started by misfire, November 28, 2016, 07:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfire

Have a friend who works in a cabinet shop, which is really convenient, and he gives me woods that they have extra supplies in. I have never had a chance to use Australian cypress, but it is really nice to turn and has some really grain. So of course the first one I made is for him
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

doublespurs21

a piece of fine looking lumber...  I also work in a cabinet shop.. you will not believe what kind of wood I fine in the shipping pallets,,     

misfire

I got some of the most amazing curly cherry from a shipping pallet. There used to be a store close to me that dealt in  exotic wood flooring and they would throw away their pallets when done, I found Brazilian cherry pallets AND pink ivory. Sadly, that store closed a few years ago or I would still be dumpster diving
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

West Augusta

That is a good looking call Lee.  Dad and I used to go to a Casket company and dumpster dive in their scrap wood pile.  Amazing what they threw away.  They have also closed down.  Lot's of jobs and skilled craftsmen have gone away. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

mgm1955

VA_Birdhunter

Beautiful call!  Love the grain on that pot!  God bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens