turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Shot show

Started by obro, January 19, 2017, 12:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

obro

I think the shot show is going on now . Has anyone heard of any new interesting products ? Just wond ring if there is any new guns or red dots .

Gobble!

Good question. I imagine Clark will clue us in shortly.

01Foreman400

Benelli Super Black Eagle 3
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

reynolds243

Barrett came out with a new bolt action rifle :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allaboutshooting

The SHOT Show at one time was "The Place" to introduce new products. At times you would see them there and then maybe several months later, they would be for sale at dealer locations. A lot of that has changed however. Now introductions may come at any time. For example, the announcement of the new SBE3 was made several days before SHOT as was the SX4.

Those guns along with many others are available for handling and shooting at SHOT however, so it's not just a press release giving the details. The "Media Day at the Range" allows media folks to handle, shoot and report on specific guns. Some are production guns and others are tool room guns. I've shot both and sometimes there are some pretty good differences.

Most major manufacturers are doing a better job of actually having guns ready to ship or in some cases have actually shipped them before SHOT begins. There are however always some guns displayed that never seem to make it to market.

To me, the big news in the gun world has been the introduction of several new revolvers. After being out of favor for several years, wheel guns are back. The reintroduction of the Colt Cobra may be the most notable. http://allaboutshooting.com/blogs/blog/colts-legendary-double-action-revolvers-return

It's not like the Cobra that I owned and carried in the 1960s with an aluminum frame but it may indicate that Colt is back in the revolver business and that could be good news. There are folks out there who'd like to see new Pythons and other "snake guns".

Still plenty of pistols and the announcement that the U.S. Army has adopted the Sig P320 to replace the Beretta http://allaboutshooting.com/blogs/blog/the-army-s-new-handgun-is-a-sig-1

There was another introduction from Hevi-Shot that caught some folks by surprise. They are now producing a line pistol cartridges with frangible non-lead bullets that will be very affordable. I was able to shoot some of the prototype 9mm cartridges several months ago and found them to be very accurate. I don't have information yet on retail pricing.

There were some other shotgun introductions from other makers and we'll be hearing more about them in the weeks and months to come.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."