OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another Work of Art by Blackwing Turkeys

Started by cramerhunts, October 31, 2016, 03:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cramerhunts

My daughter's Osceola she was able to take on the youth hunt with Swamp Gobbler Outfitters this year is headed home to Arizona. Mike at Blackwing Turkeys used his magic and created another work of art. We showed him the video from the hunt and told him what we were after. He absolutely nailed it and this is exactly like the bird looked coming in that morning. I can't think him enough for such an awesome mount and I'm already looking forward to getting back down with Swamp Gobbler Outfitters.

Ranger518SVS

eorlando

Man that is spot on. Beautiful mount. If I ever get another one mounted I know where I'll be taking it.

mtns2hunt

Nice looking bird. I would not hesitate to have them do mine. In fact if I am successful on Rios this coming spring I may have Blackwing Turkeys mount the bird even though I have a good taxidermy. Bird just looks so real and the head is incredible. So many turkeys heads look bloated to me but not this one.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

mgm1955

Awesome looking mount!! Congrats to your daughter!

Dr Juice

dejake

tomstopper

Camo70

Forked lighting

Head looks amazing when he looks alive you  knows he knows what he's  doing

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

dejake

Yeah, his painting is fantastic, very natural looking.

culpeper

jjnfla

sixbird

Gorgeous mount!
I'm a little confused though...Is that a jake? Spurs look like longbeard and beard is long for a jake... BUT, the tail looks like a jake...  ???

cramerhunts

Quote from: sixbird on June 19, 2017, 11:16:18 PM
Gorgeous mount!
I'm a little confused though...Is that a jake? Spurs look like longbeard and beard is long for a jake... BUT, the tail looks like a jake...  ???

You aren't the only one! Spurs, beard, and weight all indications of mature gobbler, fan not so much. Another interesting thing is the fan only has 17 instead of the normal 18 feathers.