turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Do I need binoculars?

Started by Life of Riley, July 19, 2016, 02:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblergls

I have a pair of Fujinon Meibo in 7x50, Zeiss 6x42  and 7x20B Leicas.  I wouldn't be caught dead in a turkey woods with any of them.  Over the years I developed into a minimalist in a turkey woods--no vest, a single-shot, compass, and what I can carry on my head, around my neck or in my Jungle fatique jacket and pants.  I don't need binoculars in the woods.  I concede to a Thermocell and closed foam pad to sit on.  YMMV.

Double B

I just picked up a pair of Steiner military marine binos for deer season and love them.  I have gone without in the past while turkey hunting but not now.  My old eyes need all the help I can give them. 
Followed by buzzards

Jmbradt3873

I don't always carry large binos, but they are in the truck year round. I have a small pair that stays in my bag, 8x25 I think. They don't weigh a lot, but they are right there when I need to see what that gobbled is doing at the other end of the field.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

MK M GOBL

I live and hunt SW WI and always have my binos, whether in the truck or on the hunt. I bought a pair just for turkey and whitetail, I want a compact pair to fit my turkey pack/ bow pack and ended up with a pair of Swarovski 10x30 SLC's. I did get a great deal on these, beyond that I have 8x42's great for low light and steady in the hand. A pair of Nikon Monarch 5 8x42's would be hard to beat if your not looking to invest in glass, they go for $300.

MK M GOBL

ElkTurkMan

I just started carry a pair of bino's while turkey hunting last year.  I bought a compact pair of  8x 28 Vortex diamondbacks.  They really do make a big difference and I wouldn't go without them now.   

Strutr

No, you don't need binos but you might find them useful.  I carried binos for many years and ditched them in favor of carrying less stuff.  Every once in a while, I regret not having them along but no big deal. 

Duffer58

I have a pair of 12X50 Vortex Diamondback binoculars that never leave the truck.  I use to carry a pair of Nikon 8X28 binoculars but went to carrying a 10X28 Vortex monocular as a compromise.  Not as nice as a set of binoculars but less size to carry.  I don't use them often but I'm glad I have them when I do.
870 SPS SM 23" Barrel / Indian Creek 0.665 / EO Tech 512 & Weatherby SA-459 / Carlson 0.555 / Vortex Venom