News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

weird turkey hunting tips

Started by hotspur, July 12, 2016, 04:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris O

Quote from: Yoder409 on April 09, 2017, 09:06:20 PM
Get the Zedge app for your cell phone and download a couple ringtones that are songbirds common to your area.

At home, here, I use a cardinal.  In Texas on a Rio hunt I'll use a bobwhite.  You never have to put your phone on silent or vibrate again.
I really like this idea thanks

mightyjoeyoung

If you are of the habit of forgetting you chit paper, and just can't operate without coffee, give yourself some extra time before heading out...  I DO NOT make in the woods (lyme disease taught me a hard lesson there) and you can set your watch to my er...bowel schedule when I drink coffee every morning.  Seriously!   Every time.  Within an hour it's happening whether I want it to or not.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Turkeyman

Be careful where you do your business. A buddy backed into a bush full of seed ticks several years ago. Ended up with infected waist.

HFultzjr

Once had a guy tell me don't go out in a heavy rain, no turkey in there right mind would be out in that weather!

Wonder where he thought they went!

:fud: :OGani:

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: HFultzjr on February 20, 2018, 10:07:09 AM
Once had a guy tell me don't go out in a heavy rain, no turkey in there right mind would be out in that weather!

Wonder where he thought they went!

:fud: :OGani:

Hmm.  That's IS weird.   I shot both my PA birds in the pouring rain last year...  lol
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

West Augusta

I agree.  I have shot some of my best birds in a light rain.  Trumpet time.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Ringbill

After a rain, sure to have birds on the move, at least that is what I have experienced...wet years did better than dry years. :morning:

Sir-diealot

Don't drink the bottle of Mountain-Dew your buddy left in the blind, it is not always Mountain-Dew!!!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

backforty

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 21, 2018, 04:37:25 PM
Don't drink the bottle of Mountain-Dew your buddy left in the blind, it is not always Mountain-Dew!!!

I just threw up a little in my mouth
Print by Madison, on Flickr

Sir-diealot

Quote from: backforty on February 21, 2018, 07:51:31 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 21, 2018, 04:37:25 PM

I just threw up a little in my mouth
Yea, it was not a fun experience.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

dchughes7

Don't let the weather keep you from going. Learn how to hunt less than ideal conditions most effectively and be confident in your approach. I look forward to spring thunderstorms in a way that has made others uncomfortable. Not only do the fair weather laymen hunters leave all the birds for you. You also have in my opinion the BEST non turkey noise to locate a gobbler. Thunder is almost automatic. They can't help but rattle off a gobble. It makes them much more vulnerable and that's where most of my 3+ year old birds have come from.

Ringbill

TRG3, you are right about napping! The late Ben Lee urged turkey hunters to take naps- the key is to leave one eye open!

Cane Cutter

McCleb family secret

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bringin tha boom to ya room!

Dr Juice

Quote from: Ringbill on February 23, 2018, 08:28:48 AM
TRG3, you are right about napping! The late Ben Lee urged turkey hunters to take naps- the key is to leave one eye open!

Gobble!