News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bears, yotes, and cats

Started by turkey_slayer, February 10, 2011, 02:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey_slayer

Quote from: clarksvalley on February 12, 2011, 08:04:12 AM
did you ever have any problems with the bears after your cameras?this past year i had the same bear monkey around with mine twice.the first time just tried to pull it off the tree,the second time he tore it down and carried it away and dropped it.i`m pretty sure he got shot during our three day season this past fall.we`ll see if he`s back this year.

Thanks for the compliments guys  :icon_thumright:  Bears used to trash my cameras!  I now try to hang them 7-8 feet high and that seems to help but hung one around 10 feet and he climbed the tree and still got it  >:(  I had to quit hanging them around apple trees cause that was a guarantee that were going to get them and usually it was be just a few hours after I put them out.

new2turkey

Nice pics...   :icon_thumright:

What do you do when you're in the woods and there is a bear like this in view? Do you stay quiet and try not to make him aware of your presence?  :o

turkey_slayer

Quote from: new2turkey on February 15, 2011, 04:51:05 PM
Nice pics...   :icon_thumright:

What do you do when you're in the woods and there is a bear like this in view? Do you stay quiet and try not to make him aware of your presence?  :o

Depends.  If its a sow with cubs and I see them a good ways out I will let them know I'm there.  If there within 100 yards and just keep quiet and hope she dont catch my scent or walk directly towards.

I carry  a pistol during bow season and I've had to draw it 4 times.  All were sows with cubs.  The first 3  times they jsut walked upon me. The fourth time I let a sow and 4 cubs walk by within 35 yards but she caught my scent when she got below me and started charging and popping her teeth.  Thought I was going to have to shoot that one but she finally just walked off and rejoined her cubs.  Havent seen a buck or turkey give me a adrenaline rush like that!

Boars usually pose no threat so I just watch them  :icon_thumright:

tgs

Great stuff.  Loved the cat shots :icon_thumright:
Pass the Tradition Along

furtracker

The  cat in the 4th pic has some beautiful spots.  Nice black yote too.

Ol'Mossy

cannonball

alexdanotsogreat

we have had a sow and 4 cubs sit on our front porch before. This past week we also had a sow and 2 cubs visit us.

jde

Ol'Mossy