OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I got this Stuckey heart pine today!

Started by Gobbleandgrunt, May 31, 2016, 05:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobbleandgrunt

This striker may be the one of my coolest strikers yet. It came from a Alabama church pew that was built in the 30's. I love the grain and iridescent gold in the wood. Sounds great on slate. Derrick said the grain count put the tree cut in the 1800's as best he could tell. Really cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eorlando

Dr Juice

Hopefully, you will be blessed and kill every thunder chicken that answers your pot call using this striker :-)

Gobbleandgrunt

I'm blessed even if I don't ever kill another turkey, but I get ya!!

Dr Juice

outdoors

NICE LOOKING STRIKER
   any more available .....
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

markjm15

Very cool! Whoever said pine doesn't belong in the call making industry. I've used it for pots before and they turned out pretty dang nice!
Mueller Custom Calls

-Mark Mueller

Gobbleandgrunt

Quote from: outdoors on May 31, 2016, 08:12:23 PM
NICE LOOKING STRIKER
   any more available .....
You will have to call him. Special order stuff. But I bet he does. You can also get to him on eBay and face book. Obsessioncustomcalls

zsully

Great looking striker.  If it sounds half as good as it looks you should be in good shape.

skimerhorn

wvmntnhick

Quote from: markjm15 on May 31, 2016, 08:21:46 PM
Very cool! Whoever said pine doesn't belong in the call making industry. I've used it for pots before and they turned out pretty dang nice!
I like pine. I like it a lot actually. It's a bit soft and I believe that's the fear. Having said that they make box calls out of cedar and it's softer yet.

KansasGobbler

I bet that there striker could play a great rendition of "Amazing Grace" on the right pot call!!!

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

grayfox

Really sharp looking striker. Coming from an Alabama church pew makes it even more special.

rodney gillikin

i like the pine got some old beams that I picked up going to make some more later :morning:
Rodney Gillikin @
Pure T Momicked game calls
Bettie NC
https://www.facebook.com/PureTMommickedGameCalls/