OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Treat from the Mail Man

Started by beakbuster10, May 30, 2016, 05:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beakbuster10

Just got home from a long weekend out of town and found this beautiful Strawser "Keystone Klassic" slate set had arrived. Both of these calls are absolutely beautiful, the leather work is awesome, but the sound out of both is pure hen turkey!!!! I'm sitting at the table drooling over them right now and thinking about next spring. I couldn't be happier with either one of these. The keystone slate pot has the most hen turkey in it of any slate pot I've ever come across. And I can already envision the pile of longbeards that will fall to the soft talk slate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjnfla

Nice set,from one of the best...Congrats wish guys would post more strawser calls..

beakbuster10

Quote from: jjnfla on May 30, 2016, 05:53:32 PM
Nice set,from one of the best...Congrats wish guys would post more strawser calls..

Thanks! I couldn't be happier with these two calls. They are truly all hen turkey and absolutely beautiful. I don't know why we don't see more of his calls here either. .

kwild835

Quote from: beakbuster10 on May 30, 2016, 06:13:24 PM

Thanks! I couldn't be happier with these two calls. They are truly all hen turkey and absolutely beautiful. I don't know why we don't see more of his calls here either. .

I will post mine as soon as I get it.  Just on the list right now though.  Those look amazing!

Dr Juice

They look awesome. Congrats. How about uploading a sound file?

beakbuster10

Quote from: mlisandro on May 30, 2016, 07:09:13 PM
They look awesome. Congrats. How about uploading a sound file?
This is the best I can do today. It's started to rain so I have to stay indoors. Being indoors does make the pot sound a little raspier than it actually is, and there is a slight echo. Played both with the Purple Heart striker that came with the call haven't played any other woods on them yet and I don't think I'll need to.
pot

Slate

skimerhorn

Quote from: kwild835 on May 30, 2016, 06:22:39 PM

I will post mine as soon as I get it.  Just on the list right now though.  Those look amazing!

What kind of wait does he have?

beakbuster10

Quote from: skimerhorn on May 30, 2016, 09:39:34 PM
Quote from: kwild835 on May 30, 2016, 06:22:39 PM

What kind of wait does he have?
I believe it's a little over a year but don't quote me on that. I picked these up from him by circumstance. A couple of numbers ended up going unclaimed out of the series once they were made. He posted these up on Facebook and I contacted him within a couple minutes of going up. Just right place right time. So I had to wait about 4 days haha

duckaholic25

Can't wait for my set to get here.

Dr Juice

They sound fantastic. The slate seems to be more subtle and would be perfect for tree yelps first thing in the am. Good luck with them.

bunk

Does anyone have a contact number for him? I messaged him on Facebook a couple times but he hasn't responded.

bunk

By the way very nice set of calls you have there.

beakbuster10

717-433-4417

beakbuster10

Quote from: bunk on May 31, 2016, 02:14:25 PM
By the way very nice set of calls you have there.
Thanks I posted his number above

bunk