Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Passing time

Started by Roost 1, May 30, 2016, 02:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roost 1

Thought I'd do a little cat-fishing while waiting to hear if we won the turkey contest. Wife and I had a couple good trips.

honker22

Nice mess of cats there.  I did the same today, just went after a different species.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

Roost 1

hookedspur

Nice catch both of you ... While we are still ahead a couple teams have closed in on us we are
no longer ahead by 20+ ...
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

GobbleNut

Some good eatin' right there. ...You're making me hungry,...and want'a go fishing.

As for the contest, I think we're in good shape now.  The only team that has a realistic chance of catching us would be the Gods of Thunder, and they would have to come up with a miracle monster bird at the last minute to do it.  They would have to bump one of their lower-scoring birds with a really big one. 

It is interesting that they are the team that edged us out last spring,...so we are due for a payback season.  ....Next year could be the tie-breaker!

Roost 1

Gobblenut, come on over to KY lake and we'll catch a mess.

wvmntnhick

Only thing missing next to those stringers is my smiling face. I love cats and crappie. We don't have enough of either here that live in water clean enough to consider eating them. Congrats to you both.

MDbowman

Quote from: GobbleNut on May 30, 2016, 06:51:00 PM

As for the contest, I think we're in good shape now.  The only team that has a realistic chance of catching us would be the Gods of Thunder, and they would have to come up with a miracle monster bird at the last minute to do it.  They would have to bump one of their lower-scoring birds with a really big one. 

It is interesting that they are the team that edged us out last spring,...so we are due for a payback season.  ....Next year could be the tie-breaker!

LOL, I think you are correct. Our 12th guy finally posted up his best bird. Great bird, but not enough. Pretty cool that all 12 scored but not enough to overcome your 3 70 point birds.  We had several birds killed last week but no upgrades.  I think we are done. Big congrats.

MDbowman
Gods of Thunder

honker22

Quote from: Roost 1 on May 30, 2016, 08:29:17 PM
Gobblenut, come on over to KY lake and we'll catch a mess.

I fished Kentucky lake in the crappie masters national championship last year... I drove back to La embarrassed.  I'm way better at killing all the turkeys and deer that I saw up there.  I shall return

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

cmadams

Will trade trout for crappie!  :drool:

wvmntnhick

Roost 1

I can turn you guys onto some local guides if interested.....I only fish for cats!!

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Roost 1 on June 01, 2016, 09:01:54 AM
I can turn you guys onto some local guides if interested.....I only fish for cats!!

Guide?! I don't need no stinking guide. I just need the proper water.  :TooFunny: