turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ceramic pot call recommendations??

Started by Bowhuntr73, May 28, 2016, 04:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowhuntr73

Looking to get a ceramic call. Don't know much about their sound but do hear they'll run even wet. So asking the pros which pot and striker to shop for. Seems like a lot of you prefer the Halloran in ceramic. Appreciate your input.

skimerhorn

Just got my first ceramic, it's from lights out. It's not to hard to run and it definitely has a totally different sound then anything else I've ever ran

eorlando

Just got a padauk daybreak and it is phenomenal.

2016-05-23_07-12-08 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

2016-05-23_07-11-33 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

KentuckyHeadhunter

Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

hunter22

My favorites are from Daybreak, Andy Kaiser, and Stumpy. Brad Roberts and Jimmy Schaffer also make a good one if you like a lot of rasp.

Bowhuntr73

Wow didn't realize so many made these. So are you guys using them on a regular basis or just when possibly going to get wet??

Gobbleandgrunt

Jimmy Schaffer ceramic in a sepele pot! You will never go back!!!

mudhen

Lights Out and Kaiser Kalls...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

WildSpur

Ceramic is my favorite surface.  I "assembled" mine.  I used a brookside paduk pot, glass sound board, and ceramic.  I like hickory for my striker.  Birds will gobble to it when many others fail. 

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Roost 1

Don't overlook the Houndstooth ceramic..reasonably priced and readily available.

letinmfly

Jay Ritchie makes a real good one and I understand that Olin Humphries makes a real good one too.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Spitten and drummen

All I can say is do yourself a favor and run a olin humpries.  I have played ceramics from most of the mentioned and can honestly say that Olin's is the top on my list.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

vt35mag

Filled my 2nd tag yesterday, and Andy Kaisers ceramic in a curly maple pot with ironwood striker is what turned the gobbler inside out.

Britton40

Daybreak Padauk Ceramic or Spring Allure