Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Are we gonna see bird #9

Started by Hooter, May 25, 2016, 12:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooter

We only have a half dozen more days to get bird 9 posted.
Don't know if it will make much difference, but it would be nice to get our limit for once! :drool:

xarcher

I think mightyjoeyoung makes 9. He just needs to post it.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

gophert

Post the freakin bird!!!!!!!   Let's at least get a limit. 

harleytom

By my calculations that bird is 62+ points which easily puts us in top 3. It would be a shame if official pics are not entered.

FullChoke

Guys,

I have been trying to get an answer and a response from mightyjoeyoung and have him post the bird that he said that he shot, but I am coming up empty-handed. I know that we had a fantastic season this year and this last bird will put us in at 9 scorable entries and a very high total team score. Shannon says that the contest will end today and that no other entries will be accepted. I am as frustrated right now as I trust you guys are. Let's hope that he will check his messages and move quickly on this.

Norman

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

xarcher

Reminds me something that happened about 5 years ago.  One of our team members shot a bird that scored in the mid 90's.  Multiple beards, looooong spurs, upper 20's in weight.  That was back when multiple beards were included in the scores.  But he never posted the bird.  He showed the glory photos, but that is it.  We would have run away with the contest if he had posted it that year. 

Let's hope he comes through.  But my gut tells me that if he has not posted by now, it won't get posted.  I just hope nothing happened to Joe.  He hasn't posted anything on any thread since may 9th.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Hooter

Well, ain't this a Crock!!! I just noticed we would have came in 3rd place.
I see this every year on different teams. There are so many folks on teams that always have an excuse for not posting, or other things.  Too many folks sign up for a contest when they have no business even being near a Turkey contest.  It's just not fair to the dedicated members.
Sorry if I sound like a butt. Shame, what a shame.

harleytom

Barring some type of extreme circumstances (illness or injury) I have to agree with you on this one. One of the reasons I left my previous team was exactly this type of situation. Look, I completely understand hunting and doing your best and ending up empty handed. It's happened to me also. But when we sign up (voluntarily) to participate in this contest then we are all agreeing that we will take the necessary steps to post any birds killed in the proper format. To kill one, post that one has been taken, and then not take those needed steps to validate is something I cannot understand. It is sometimes a pain to get all the needed photos and get them posted, but once again it it something we all agree to before the contest starts. If you just don't wanna do all of that, I surely understand that, just please don't sign up for the contest and let someone else who will take those steps participate instead. To have a chance at being a successful team we need 12 members who are fully participating in the contest. I hope nothing untoward has happened to mightyjoeyoung, and if it has then all my prior comments are obviously not directed towards him, but I have had similar experiences where a team member posted he/she had taken a bird but never took the time to post needed measurements. In my opinion that is an insult to all those team members who are doing what they agreed to do when joining the team. This type of action should certainly be taken into account when team invitations are offered next season.

Hooter

I was not directing this solely to MJY, if that was the way ya'll took it. I was also directing it towards folks that have not bagged a Gobbler in the last 10 years. Still have not figured out what makes someone like that join in on a Turkey contest.

harleytom

I think we all have had frustrating experiences with many situations involving the turkey contest. I actually question why I put myself through the hassle sometimes. No one is singling out anyone, just venting a little on this thread.

FullChoke

I ran into an incident a few years ago where one of our team went unusually silent for a few weeks. I happened to see that he had shot a nice gobbler and had posted pictures and statistics of it on a Georgia turkey hunting page. We never heard from him on the team page ever again and he wouldn't respond to any of my emails.

Oh, well.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.