turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Paul Platz...Wait time!

Started by LongSpur440, May 17, 2016, 10:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fieldturkey

I don't see the big deal with waiting. He doesn't ask for a deposit. When your name comes up you get your call. It's not like you're out anything in the meantime.

skimerhorn

Quote from: Fieldturkey on May 17, 2016, 08:36:26 PM
I don't see the big deal with waiting. He doesn't ask for a deposit. When your name comes up you get your call. It's not like you're out anything in the meantime.

That's exactly how I look at it

1iagobblergetter

I don't get what the problem with waiting is. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.  Lol. They are in demand for a reason and when I hunt I know I'm out hunting with a proven great call from great callmakers and that gives me even more confidence.  If I am lucky enough to harvest one I left no stone unturned if I'm not fortunate enough to harvest one I left no stone unturned. There usually isn't a line at a restaurant if the food sucks and on top of it you get to visit with Paul or some of the other great call makers. ;D

Jbird22

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on May 17, 2016, 09:09:04 PM
There usually isn't a line at a restaurant if the food sucks and on top of it you get to visit with Paul or some of the other great call makers. ;D
True, but there a lots of places that serve good food with short or no lines at all. :icon_thumright:

goblr77

It's amazing how certain callmakers all of a sudden get in high demand. I remember Paul's wait time being a few weeks a couple years ago when I purchased two pots from him. I will add that his cherry slate is the best slate I own. I would get on the list if I didn't already have one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: JBIRD22 on May 17, 2016, 09:47:01 PM
There usually isn't a line at a restaurant if the food sucks and on top of it you get to visit with Paul or some of the other great call makers. ;D
True, but there a lots of places that serve good food with short or no lines at all. :icon_thumright:
Then I think you've summed it up I'd probably eat there then if I were you. I was on the waiting list for over a year the first time and did fill my tags with other great callmakers calls with little to no wait time. If I were impatient I wouldn't be on the list period.  It doesn't bother me and a'lot of others to wait especially for calls from accredited award winning callmakers that we know also have lives outside of callmaking, if a person can't do that knowing the wait is long why would you even be on the list other than to complain.

lmbhngr

I waited longer for some of the box calls I have

Jbird22

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on May 17, 2016, 10:33:14 PM
Quote from: JBIRD22 on May 17, 2016, 09:47:01 PM
Then I think you've summed it up I'd probably eat there then if I were you. I was on the waiting list for over a year the first time and did fill my tags with other great callmakers calls with little to no wait time. If I were impatient I wouldn't be on the list period.  It doesn't bother me and a'lot of others to wait especially for calls from accredited award winning callmakers that we know also have lives outside of callmaking, if a person can't do that knowing the wait is long why would you even be on the list other than to complain.
I agree. Don't get put on the list if you can't handle the projected wait time. That's why I'm not on any of the aforementioned lists.

perrytrails

Great calls. Just have to decide if you can handle the wait.

Being a turkey hunter patience should come easy, but that's something I need to work on. :)

Bowguy

I don't see wait times of they're being relayed to the buyer properly as a problem. Just order it m forget it. One day the phone rings

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Bowguy on May 18, 2016, 08:00:14 AM
I don't see wait times of they're being relayed to the buyer properly as a problem. Just order it m forget it. One day the phone rings
Exactly! ! :thanks:

alankrow

I have no-problem with waiting lists.. But What burns my ***  :angry9: Is Joe Bagofdonuts goes to
Outdoor show and buys the same call that you been waiting for over 2-3 yrs...

letinmfly

Quote from: alankrow on May 18, 2016, 08:35:47 AM
I have no-problem with waiting lists.. But What burns my ***  :angry9: Is Joe Bagofdonuts goes to

Bingo!!
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

sbbow

Quote from: letinmfly on May 18, 2016, 08:38:07 AM
Quote from: alankrow on May 18, 2016, 08:35:47 AM

Bingo!!

X3

LongSpur440

I went ahead and got on the list for a cherry slate. Didn't have to put any money down or anything so I'll jus pickup a couple of diff calls between now and then and experiment.