OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Weatherby SA-459 problem

Started by Roost 1, June 17, 2016, 05:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roost 1

Got my trigger back from RR and as I was putting gun back together the recoil spring has seemed to have gotten stuck in the stock. I got everything back together but the bolt doesn't have any tension on it. Has anyone had this issue in the past? Looks like it's going back to Weatherby unless someone knows how to fix this problem.

codym

I dropped mine in a creek one morning, got it home and completely disassembled it. I had problems getting the bolt back in. I had the part with the two bars that attaches to the bolt carrier via a pin in upside down. Doesn't sound like the same issue you are having though. I would take the whole thing down (really easy) and remove the recoil spring and make sure everything is good.

FL-Boss

look on youtube for assembly videos about SA-459, SA-08, or Mossberg SA-20 ( pretty much the same thing internally)

Roost 1

thanks for tips guys. I broke her completely down today. Just a word of advice, my gun hasn't ever been in the rain and has less than 50 shots on it but that recoil spring and the tube had so much crap in it that the plunger had gotten stuck. You might consider tearing them down and cleaning the tube and oiling the spring...

gophert

Yep, I completely took mine apart when I got it and cleaned it.  I'd have to probably watch some video to remember how to do it however.