OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ordered a few Lonnie Sneed's Pots Today

Started by 357MAGNOLE, May 14, 2016, 12:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

357MAGNOLE

Everyone has said talking to the man is an experience in itself. Y'all didn't let me down.

I ordered a Hot Hen, Outlaw Hen, and a Lonely Hen. The Lonely hen is pretty intriguing to me and might never see the field. I like the style of his calls and can't wait to get my hands on these legendary calls.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

perrytrails

You'll have some good ones for sure!!

EZ

A turkey hunter WITHOUT a Lonnie Sneed call, is like a carpenter without a hammer, lol.

Prohunter3509

contact info. For mr. Sneed I like that slat he has I want to order one. I didn't see a Website

HFultzjr

I also ordered several a few days ago. Great guy to talk to. Very friendly and talked to me like he knew me for years. Said it would be late summer or so. Told me about some of his recent turkey hunts and experiences. I could talk to him for hours, and I'm not much of a "phone talker".
:drool:

Beards and Hooks

Definitely awesome calls and an awesome turkey chat when talking with Lonnie, he's a great guy!

mgm1955

Killed a bird today with his green glass. Congrats on some great calls!!

jordanz7935

Great calls from a great man! I've had a hot hen slate for about 4 yrs and the yutrkeys love it. I've "finished" a lot of birds with its sweet purrs and clucks.I got the outlaw hen this year and it hasn't left the vest once.The outlaw hen is my new favorite pot call.

wvmntnhick

I spoke to Mr. Sneed a couple weeks ago myself. Ordered an outlaw hen and a hot hen. Never been one to order calls sight unseen but the way everyone talked about his calls, I figured what the heck. Was also told it'd be the end of summer before I saw it. Makes no matter though. I was looking to get a good slate call when I called him. It felt good keeping the money in the hands of a semi local call maker that's not out to price gouge people and make a million dollars overnight. I think he's got his hands full based on how he's talking and with trying to do some hunting in between, he's busy for sure.

Bowhuntr73

Hey hick, read some of my posts on above turkey forum reference to price and demand. Good to see guys on the same page!!! Promote those local buisiness' who don't change when they see green!!

357MAGNOLE

I agree with what y'all are saying. I know I am getting 3 excellent calls and he told me $110, is that okay? Heck yes it is, no problem paying that sir. Like y'all said, nice when someone doesn't sell out and change their prices to charge an arm and a leg.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Bowhuntr73

wvmntnhick

Lonnie spoke of a couple larger businesses terming to get him to make calls for them. Think he went to a meeting or two as well if I understood him properly. Long story short, it wasn't his cup of tea. Personally, I'm glad. It wouldn't have the same feel to it if I could walk into a big box store and buy the same call. I know lots of guys like the woodhaven stuff and I'm not knocking it at all. Personally though, I'm not paying that kind of money for a call that can be bought at any big box store. To me, that's not really custom. Premium, maybe. Custom, no. Just my feelings on it and everyone is entitled to at least that much.

357MAGNOLE

I agree with what you are saying. I have been having an internal debate on whether I even want to take these calls into the field or not. I ordered the Lonesome Hen just because I like the old school looks and sounds of it.  I am not a call collector, might be one day I don't know but one day (hopefully a long ways off) you want be able to call Mr. Sneed and order one of his calls. I would like to make sure I don't lose or damage the calls I get from him. Might have to order a couple more.

wvmntnhick

You know, my buddy told me after giving me a Halloran crystal mistress fro Christmas, they don't make them to be admired. I'd told him it was too pretty and too expensive for me to be dragging through the woods. Told me to do what I want with it but that they were made to be used. I played with it one time at the house. After that, it ended up in my vest and was followed by several more. Buy it, play it, hunt it. Simple as that.