turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Primos freak with frictionite

Started by Bolandstrutters, May 10, 2016, 06:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolandstrutters

I have more expensive, prettier calls.  I have yet to find another pot call I can kill birds more consistently with.  Five for five this spring. 

Mutt 1

Isn't this "Frictionite" surface nothing more than ceramic?

goblr77

Quote from: Mutt 1 on May 11, 2016, 10:54:41 AM
Isn't this "Frictionite" surface nothing more than ceramic?

That would be correct. Like the K & H ol yeller. I'm a ceramic fan, unlike most folks. The daybreak and halloran ceramics are great.

Double B

Yep, whatever you call it, frictionite, sla-tek or ceramic, they sure can call birds.  Nice season!
Followed by buzzards

Dr Juice

Five for five is awesome. Congrats.

ilbucksndux

I have a question for you ceramic guys I have an old K&H Ol Yeller and I absolutely love it,but I have to sand that thing constantly. I rough it all up and after a mornings hunt ,it needs it again. 
Gary Bartlow

wvmntnhick

Quote from: ilbucksndux on May 16, 2016, 05:02:18 PM
I have a question for you ceramic guys I have an old K&H Ol Yeller and I absolutely love it,but I have to sand that thing constantly. I rough it all up and after a mornings hunt ,it needs it again.

Did I miss the question? :TooFunny:

If you're referring to the continuous conditioning, try getting a bit more aggressive with it. I was about to throw my ol yeller out until I got aggressive with a piece of course paper. Well, rough end of a slick stick actually. After that, it sang like a bird. Ended up giving it to my neice after she went hunting with me. She was wanting to get something to try and call birds like her uncle (hopefully better than that after this season total) so I let her pick one from my vest. The only ones I took off the table were my Yingling aluminum and Halloran crystal mistress. She chose the ol yeller. Was kind of glad. Had way less attachment to that one but she thought it "looked cool."

Dr Juice

Quote from: wvmntnhick on May 16, 2016, 09:54:54 PM

If you're referring to the continuous conditioning, try getting a bit more aggressive with it. I was about to throw my ol yeller out until I got aggressive with a piece of course paper. Well, rough end of a slick stick actually. After that, it sang like a bird. Ended up giving it to my neice after she went hunting with me. She was wanting to get something to try and call birds like her uncle (hopefully better than that after this season total) so I let her pick one from my vest. The only ones I took off the table were my Yingling aluminum and Halloran crystal mistress. She chose the ol yeller. Was kind of glad. Had way less attachment to that one but she thought it "looked cool."
You making me think brother. I gotta go abuse my O'Yella and see if it sounds better. Thanx for the tip!

wvmntnhick

Quote from: mlisandro on May 28, 2016, 03:09:20 PM
Quote from: wvmntnhick on May 16, 2016, 09:54:54 PM

You making me think brother. I gotta go abuse my O'Yella and see if it sounds better. Thanx for the tip!
That thing have the green pot or the yellow pot? Just wondering. Id like to find a green pot to throw into my bad weather bag. Would be happy with the older Primos freak as well. Wish I could find some of my old stuff. No clue where some of it ended up after the many moves we've made.

Sevenyearsandcounting

I lost my striker. I had that call since high school during my notoriously bad first 6 seasons I called in 4 turkeys with that call they all ended up slipping by me but either my dad or friends would get them.

The call worked in a gobbler that I missed this year and another I spooked. It's a great loud or soft call. Pretty much handles anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk