turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Brad Roberts pot

Started by Spitten and drummen, May 08, 2016, 09:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Just ordered a glass over aluminum in a popalar pot to go with my zebrawood pot. Asked for a dymond wood striker and ordered a snakewood striker also. Can't wait to get it and compare them. I think the zebrawood is the best pot I'm my collection right now as far as a glass.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

mote1977

I'll be waiting for your comparison. I'm going to order one but can't decide which one.

gergg

Quote from: MDTOM84 on May 08, 2016, 09:56:01 PM
I have had both the zebrawood and the Poplar bronzed glass over aluminum and the Poplar is by far the best pot I have ever ran. I have seen 4 birds go down with the Poplar!! If the Poplar you get is as good as the one I have, I feel bad for the gobblers in your area :fud: :gobble:
Dang, now I need to order the poplar too, have the zebrawood version coming this week.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

SteelerFan

I just got a dymondwood and purpleheart striker from Brad. I had the macassar ebony with the zebrawood pot. I'm REALLY liking Brad's strikers... the feel / shape / balance just "fit" me. All three sound good on the zebrawood (and my Longnecker slate).

MDTOM84 has me thinking on the poplar version of the beast now, too... Just not sure how it can top the zebrawood - but if it equals it, with a slightly different "tune"... then, *sigh.

skimerhorn

I'm gonna try one, my zebrawood will be in 2 weeks.

gergg

I just got my Brad Roberts Zebrawood bronze glass/aluminum pot call today, I ordered a Macassar Ebony striker to go with it. I am very happy with this call, sounds great, and every striker I have runs good on it....I think the Macassar Ebony is my favorite, but the purple heart, yellow heart, and black locust strikers I have work great too. I like the fact that the call rolls over nicely playing soft or loud, and there is a wide range of tones that can be coaxed out of the pot too. One important aspect for me on any call is that it maintains fullness/depth/character when played in the big woods, this one does that. I ordered the same surface/soundboard combo from Brad in a poplar pot, curious to see how that one compares......love this one though, if the poplar pot is better I will be surprised....and happy.....lol

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls

SteelerFan

hunter22

I got my "Beast" today. I got the Zebra bronzed glass/aluminum with a Macassar Ebony striker. I am not sure a pot call can get much better than this one.

gergg

Yep, you and I got the same exact combo on the same day....I agree with you, can't get much better than this one, but MDTOM84 has me very curious about the poplar pot that I have coming thinking it might be even better.

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls

skimerhorn

MiNE should be here in a couple weeks. I got him to put a feather in mine just to look different from all you guys calls lol

SteelerFan

Quote from: hunter22 on May 13, 2016, 06:07:48 PM
I got my "Beast" today. I got the Zebra bronzed glass/aluminum with a Macassar Ebony striker. I am not sure a pot call can get much better than this one.

If it got much better, you wouldn't be able to hunt it right now... 'cause it would be nesting! ;D

greentag

I got one in a beautiful bocote pot,i love it,i ran the others at Nashville and liked them all very good so I just picked the best looking,it sounds amazing but I would love to have one of these others as well.

Spitten and drummen

Still waiting on it. In the meantime I talked to Brad. He sent me a sound file  of his new slate over glass in walnut. Ran a jatoba striker on it and sounded pretty dang good. Got on the list for one of those as well. What can I say. Those of you that know me , knows I am a call addict lol.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Kwgoke

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on May 18, 2016, 10:22:54 PM
Still waiting on it. In the meantime I talked to Brad. He sent me a sound file  of his new slate over glass in walnut. Ran a jatoba striker on it and sounded pretty dang good. Got on the list for one of those as well. What can I say. Those of you that know me , knows I am a call addict lol.

I need to find a way to block your posts, you're going to cost me a fortune... Seriously looking forward to hearing what you think of the poplar bronzed glass.

gergg

Quote from: Kwgoke on May 19, 2016, 06:59:24 PM
Quote from: Spitten and drummen on May 18, 2016, 10:22:54 PM

I need to find a way to block your posts, you're going to cost me a fortune... Seriously looking forward to hearing what you think of the poplar bronzed glass.

Going to have to block me too..lol..love my bronze glass/ alum zebrawood Roberts.....Oh, I have the poplar version coming too.,,,

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls