OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ran my glass and crystal smooth today any suggestions?

Started by yelpy, May 06, 2016, 08:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

I've not had issues like this with the surface getting slick but I've had an issue with the striker tips getting "gummed" up so to speak. Hit the end of it with some scotch brite or use the pocket nice as mentioned before. Also, I know there's lots of guys that seem to really like the diamond wood strikers. I've yet to find one I like. Used several and they're all a bit to squeaky for me. Don't seem as if they want to grip the surface of a call very well. Just my opinion though.

yelpy

Quote from: wvmntnhick on May 09, 2016, 10:50:46 AM
I've not had issues like this with the surface getting slick but I've had an issue with the striker tips getting "gummed" up so to speak. Hit the end of it with some scotch brite or use the pocket nice as mentioned before. Also, I know there's lots of guys that seem to really like the diamond wood strikers. I've yet to find one I like. Used several and they're all a bit to squeaky for me. Don't seem as if they want to grip the surface of a call very well. Just my opinion though.

I found that one or two that I have do grip better than the rest.

jbrown

Ive had good luck using 220 grit sand paper on the call and a green scotch brite pad on the stricker

EZ

The finest paper I use on glass is 60 grit. I usually use 36 grit. It's a friction call so you have to rough it up so there is some friction. The finer grit or screen is polishing the surface and making it slick.