turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

DAYBREAK CERAMIC

Started by KansasGobbler, May 05, 2016, 04:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KansasGobbler

Wow is all I can say. I picked up a Daybreak padauk ceramic pot call here in the classifieds and I can't put the call down. COWABUNGA DUDE :jackson:

This is one fine piece of craftsmanship and is packed full with turkey. Maybe Rickey can chime in. Any other favorite combos from Gary Anderson? Thanks!

hunter22

Congrats on the great call. I agree about the Padauk ceramic, it is a killer and one of my favorite Daybreak calls. I also really like my older Daybreak slate calls. Several are from back in 2006 when Gary was just getting started and selling his pots on ebay. I bought several and wish I had bought every one he posted. Some of my favorite slates from  him are a radical Bubinga, Pistachio, Walnut, Red Sycamore, Black & White Ebony, Eucalyptus, and Canary. I also like the sound of his aluminum calls. They are a little harder to run but with Rain Chalk they work well.

Gobbleandgrunt

Glad you like it. I'm really glad it found a home that will hunt it!!

mgm1955

usrgce

What striker you running on this call?

Browning87

I just received a padauk ceramic in a trade. All I can say is wow!!! This thing is amazing, easily my favorite ceramic. As asked before and maybe Ricky can chime in, what are some of the strikers you guys are running on it?

West Augusta

Gary makes one of the best looking pot calls out there and they sound great also.
My Padauk ceramic over glass.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

eorlando

Just got the same call as well and it is insane.

hunter22

I run a Dymondwood striker on mine.

Smooth_Operator

Quote from: hunter22 on May 21, 2016, 08:33:05 PM

I run a Dymondwood on mine as well, sure makes some sweet sounds. Fit and finish on Gary's calls are outstanding. The Pauduk Ceramic is my second favorite ceramic call I own,  which is saying a lot because the one that is first beats out every other pot call I own regardless of surface! Gary also makes a sweet glass pot, and his older slates as mentioned already by Rickey are super sweet.  :drool:

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

sbbow

Quote from: MDTOM84 on May 22, 2016, 03:57:35 PM
Quote from: Smooth_Operator on May 22, 2016, 03:28:48 PM

I run a Dymondwood on mine as well, sure makes some sweet sounds. Fit and finish on Gary's calls are outstanding. The Pauduk Ceramic is my second favorite ceramic call I own,  which is saying a lot because the one that is first beats out every other pot call I own regardless of surface! Gary also makes a sweet glass pot, and his older slates as mentioned already by Rickey are super sweet.  :drool:
well what's your #1?

X2

Smooth_Operator

Quote from: MDTOM84 on May 22, 2016, 03:57:35 PM
Quote from: Smooth_Operator on May 22, 2016, 03:28:48 PM

well what's your #1?

It's a Kaiser laminated walnut/redheart ceramic.  Both calls are fantastic, the Kaiser is just a little easier to run for me.  I still wouldn't give up my Daybreak, it's that good...

Smooth_Operator

Quote from: MDTOM84 on May 22, 2016, 06:54:13 PM
I just got a Spring Allure cocobolo ceramic in a trade and I love it! It's as easy as running a slate.

I believe it, Ricky makes a fine pot call.

KansasGobbler

For those who like running ceramic calls...DO NOT overlook the American Strutter Curly Maple ceramic...it will SURPRISE you!

Bowhuntr73

Yeah Im looking for a new ceramic. One of those calls if you like it then you like.