turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The Turkey Roost?

Started by _cledus_, May 05, 2016, 12:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_cledus_

Myself and some co-workers just returned back from Nebraska where we were hunting Merriams. We all 3 harvested one, and want to get them mounted. I plan on sending mine to Blackwing, but they are considering sending theirs to Rick Morris at The Turkey Roost. I told them I would post on here for them in an effort to get some reviews for him.

Anyone know of him and/or his work?

Clovis67

If your wanting advice...I won't comment on Turkey Roost.I will say this...if I had a Merriams Gobbler I would send it to Birds Only Taxidermy.BIRDS ONLY is located in Dixon,Tennessee.You will have a heirloom quality mount and Turkey are the only thing he mounts..he limits the # he takes in and guarantees your satisfaction...It is a simple decision.This guy is much more than just an award winning taxidermist...He takes pride in EVERY bird that goes out of his studio...

_cledus_

I appreciate the information, but I already plan on sending mine to Blackwing. Just looking for input on the Turkey Roost for a friend.

GobbleNut

Based on what I have seen and heard, I think using the Turkey Roost would be a fine choice for your buddy.

KYHeadhunter02

When I start my slam one day, Mike with Blackwing will get my birds. His work is amazing! He seems like a great guy!

Billingsby Road Taxidermy

Where are you guys from? I noticed the Dunn's Sporting Goods in your message.
I'm from Paris, Tn.   (Just learned how to halfway post pics on here. ????

Here's some Merriams I did last year for NWTF

davisd9

Quote from: Billingsby Road Taxidermy on May 10, 2016, 09:06:15 AM
Where are you guys from? I noticed the Dunn's Sporting Goods in your message.
I'm from Paris, Tn.   (Just learned how to halfway post pics on here. ????

Here's some Merriams I did last year for NWTF

Great looking mounts, some of my wife's family lives around Paris.  I will have to remember that when I am deciding on a mount.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Sounds good!

Not a lot of folks know about me. I'm just a part time guy that only does turkeys... No big operation or anything.

I wish I'd figured out the picture thing before season, but oh well. Lol
I'll post pics as i post this spring's flock together  :z-guntootsmiley: !

I posted a few more birds in the other recent threads here in turkey taxidermy.

Timberland Taxidermy

Reviews on taxidermy shops can often be found on BBB.org. Just search "Turkey Roost Taxidermy".