OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sbe2 hammer or trigger spring?

Started by reynolds243, March 19, 2016, 09:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mallards Only

I'm just having my local smith work on mine.  There are some places that claim to do trigger work but after researching some, found some bad reviews.  My local guy is good and reasonably priced.  I couldn't see spending $100+ to send it to someone with the possibility of a poor result.  Talked to my local smith and explained what I wanted done & we're taking a little off at a time until I'm happy with the creep.

K9Doc

:TrainWreck1:
Benelli triggers STINK!!!
Plain and Simple. I can say this with Absolute
Confidence. I own 2!!!
SBE2 worst i ever owned.
My M2 better, but not as good as a cheap Remmy
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

reynolds243

Talked to the gunsmith over at Taran Tactical and ended up ordering a new trigger spring and hammer spring. He said it will drastically reduce pull weight so for $14 I'll go with that first. Said it won't have any effect on shooting heavy or light ammo. Will update when I get them in and switch them out. Doing it in both my M2 20 and SBE2

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka

mrclif

Quote from: K9Doc on April 13, 2016, 12:46:04 AM
:TrainWreck1:
Benelli triggers STINK!!!
Plain and Simple. I can say this with Absolute
Confidence. I own 2!!!
SBE2 worst i ever owned.
My M2 better, but not as good as a cheap Remmy
Not all Benelli's, the Vinci has zero creep easiest pulling shotgun trigger I've found but the safety sounds like smacking two 2x4s together in the woods even if you use 2 fingers to disengage.

reynolds243

FYI I finally got around to changing the trigger spring in my M2 20g. It does in fact make a difference and is well well worth the $7. Took it down to around 5lbs and is way more manageable now.  Highly recommend the Taran trigger spring for the m2 or sbe2 (the spring works for both) and literally took me 5mins to change it

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka