turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

hoot n stick ?

Started by clarksvalley, April 03, 2011, 08:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarksvalley

ok guys here`s the deal.i have a hoot n stick for the past two years and i am very happy with.yesterday morning i was down in the basement putting my boots on to go out and listen,when i knocked my hoot  n stick off the washer and on to the concrete floor.you guessed it the black plastic that holds the reed in place broke.my question is for the prostaff members on the board can it be fixed or just get a new one.i know its a bad time of the year to happen,i checked there site and all the hooters are out of stock.i didn`t get in touch with hooks yet,wanted to see if anyone here had an anwser.

neal

I think Scott has them in stock again, if you want to give him a call otherwise if it's broke try gluing it you have nothing to loose.

Neal
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

headcrusher

Without looking at it I don't know. It depends on exactly what happened.

Send that back to me and I will do my very best to fix it. All it will cost you is the price to ship it back to us.

I will get on it the moment it comes in and back out the door quickly if it is repairable.

I hope to have the osage and the synthetic Hoot'n stick back in stock Wednesday evening. I am waiting on the reed assemblies to get here. I hope that will be today.

In the meantime for someone wanting one give Midwest Turkey call Supply a try.  They carry the Osage and Synthetic one. I shipped him some last week but have sent several folks his way. He has not tried to re-order so I assume he still has a few.

Mack's PW had some but I have an order from them so I am not sure what their status is as far as inventory goes.

The Bocote Hoot'n stick will be out of stock for a few weeks.

Pickins is so slim arond here on Hoot'n sticks. We had a run I did not anticipate. It is so bad a customer called the other day and I blew my synthetic one for him, the one I had in my vest. He bought it and now I don't even have one!LOL

Scott

lightsoutcalls

I lost my synthetic one last year, but you ain't gettin' my white oak burl custom!!!   ;)
The kind of runs you mentioned are the only ones I care to get.   ;D

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Turkey Trot

Quote from: headcrusher on April 06, 2011, 06:45:22 AMPickins is so slim arond here on Hoot'n sticks. We had a run I did not anticipate. It is so bad a customer called the other day and I blew my synthetic one for him, the one I had in my vest. He bought it and now I don't even have one!LOL

Scott

Al Gore's intermess might prove to be useful for something after all!
After reading a lot about the Hootin Stick on the web, I came over to hear it at the Nashville show and bought one.  The guys on my lease have heard it and realize that it makes their popularly priced off the shelf calls sound like kazoos, so I've probably made a couple of future sales for you.  The turkeys I have killed have not complained about my hooting acumen either, though the call can do more than I can so far.

The call that I bought (synthetic) at the show sounds good and I am happy with the volume and ease of use.  However, there is one modest thing I would recommend, and that is placing a lanyard groove on the insert end of the call as well so that you can tether both parts.  ( I am talking about the portion that houses the reed).  I use a Limbhanger strap vest and had it in the elastic pocket, and when I was removing it, the two parts separated.  It tends to come apart fairly easily, but nothing is broken or chipped around the joining ends.  My intent was to put it on a lanyard, but I am a little concerned that I am going to lose the reed housing if I do.

Those crystal and bronzed glass calls that you had in Nashville sounded good, one of those will be my next Hooks purchase.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

bowhunter84

i want a hoot n stick but i dont like the look of the osage. i'm hoping they have something different next year

cannonball

Going to pick one of these up soon.