OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

10ga choke options

Started by darron, April 12, 2016, 08:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darron

from my research it seems as if the 10ga choke options are very limited and very $$$. Ones I have seen include kicks, jebs, roberts, indian creek. I also noticed trulock makes 10ga chokes. I have not seen trulock's name much in the 10ga section. Are these decent chokes? I'm primarily wanting to shoot HW 7 but I am open to mag blends.

deadbuck

I called Sumtoy and he made me one. It is a .685 and shoots 210+ pellets in the 10 at 40 with the fed Heavyweights. That is pretty good considering that shell only has 438 pellets. Fed Heavyweight is 15 g/cc material and it will smash a turkey. I tried a Trulock .695 and it did pretty good but I like a hot core in a pattern. Trulock has a money back guarantee if you don't like it.

the Ward

Trulock makes a quality product. I haven't tried any of their turkey chokes but I have a couple of the precision hunter models and they are nicely finished and patterned well.

darron

I emailed trulock and they told me they no longer make 10ga chokes??

the Ward

I did not know trulock quit making 10 gauge chokes. I bought a light mod/skeet 2 choke for my bps 10 off them, but it was a couple years ago. Like deadbuck suggested, you might want to give William a call at Sumtoy. He makes an outstanding choke for the federal heavyweight shells. I have 4 of his chokes in 12 gauge for turkey and waterfowl and they all shoot really well. Might want to keep an eye on the choke tubes for sale forum also, 10 gauge chokes pop up there time to time.

I hate turkeys

What are you shooting? I had a Browning BPS used a Trulock for a while till I tried a Indian Creek and really liked it.
Next was a SP10 started with the Indian Creek but ended up getting a Pure Gold and selling the Indian Creek.
I shoot Mag Blends
Hope that helped some.
"There is no such thing as to much gun"
Elmier Keith

darron

SP 10 don't want to spend a small fortune on chokes.

Singleshot1

I just ordered one for my Nef 10 gauge, best bet is to just call them their customer service is really good.

M R Ducks

Just get a .690 Kicks GT and shoot whatever you want through it.  Don't worry about the "lead only" discriminator.  For a little more money, the .720 Rhino gets a lot of good reviews, but I have never shot one.