Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Mouth call props

Started by WNCTracker, March 27, 2016, 05:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNCTracker

I pretty much just use mouth calls. Occasionally ill purr or Yelp on a slate but I love the hands free aspect of diaphragms and diverse sounds they make. I've said that the hooks executioner II is my favorite for the last couple years but I've changed my mind. I want to give props to woodhaven"s copperhead.  I've used the wasps and venoms and never liked them as much as the hooks calls In general but I gotta say that copperhead has a really good sound and is very user friendly. I know to each their own and each mouth likes a different call but I want to say if you've not tried the copperhead, give it a go. Its on a lot of people's lists for good reason. It's my favorite of the woodhavens.

ILHUNTER

I've heard good things about that copperhead call, I'm going to have to give it a call.  I like woodhaven calls, I have there, red wasp, raspy red reactor, black venom, yellow venom, and SE signature series.  If its better then any of those its worth its weight in gold.

WNCTracker

I've not tried the raspy red reactor but I like the copperhead better than the others. Great cackles and cuts. Nice yelps too IMO.

Hunter1979

I've got most of those mouth calls as well.  The hooks executioner has been my favorite so far.  I bought a gooserbat bacon and a Gulvas Master Call to try this year.

WNCTracker

I'm not man enough to make bacon work right

kdsberman

The executioner 2 is my favorite right now, with the Woodhaven Red Wasp my 2nd.  Definitely interested in trying the Copperhead now.  Bought the Gooserbat Bacon but right now it just isn't agreeing with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk