Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Scouting Report

Started by Hunter1979, March 21, 2016, 09:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter1979

Well, it's less than one month away from my opening season.  I went out and pulled the cards from my trail cameras that had been up for a week.  Not much to speak of...one nice flock of birds in the distance, and a couple up close.  The biggest bird I could see only had about 1" spurs.  Nice to know that they're out there, but I'm hoping for a bigger bird.  Unfortunately, one of my trail cams did not have a card in it.  I can't believe I put it out there without a card in it, but maybe I did.  It's really bugging me because I think someone took it, but again, maybe I just forgot to put it out there.  It did take some internal pics, so I guess I need to take my laptop out and download them...hopefully, I'm just overreacting.  Hopefully, I'll be getting some more pictures soon, as bird movement usually starts increasing closer to April.

Here's my pics so far.

wmn2

Looks good. My season starts next Friday. I'll be out bright and early opening morning. Going to head out Thursday evening before that to hopefully roost one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdsberman

You have a Hit List.  Looking good man.  We're expecting 6" of snow in a few days, it's not even remotely looking like turkey season here in Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunter1979

Looks like my birds are moving more in the afternoon, but I'm think I know the direction they're coming from, so I'm hoping they'll be running up to my decoys in two weeks.  I've even picked out which bird I'd like to decapitate.

Target acquired:

I'm glad to see them moving around more:

wmn2

Looks good! Hope to see one on the ground soon!

Hunter1979

I'll be out on Monday morning.  Have the Magnus Bullheads sighted in at 20yds.  GoPro and Camcorder are charged.  Setup my blind tonight to make sure everything was set and pulled out my chair and tripod.  6:22am on Monday can't come soon enough!! 

I pulled some trail cams tonight.

The birds are here:

Some of them are pretty nice!

These were out today:

wmn2

Dr Juice

These pics are getting me ready to strut. Thanx for the pump. Come on May 1st (NY opener), I can't wait any longer :-)

Hunter1979

I plan on doing a live hunt tomorrow morning if you want to follow along.

Gumby

Have walked 16 miles the past two days. Public land Arkansas which is as tough as it gets. Opening morning was a bust. No gobbles. Nada. Today had two gobbling on the limb. Worked in close. Few tree yelps and they hit the ground. Worked to within 50 yards but hung up due to some thick briars that I didn't know were there. Made a move but couldn't get them to work again. Will get them tomorrow. Good luck all.

wmn2

I'll follow as much as I can. In Michigan for work again. Picking up the pup in Ohio Wednesday. Will be back in the woods probably Friday. 11.5 hours in the truck today has me hurting.lol

Semper Fidelis

Hunter1979

Quote from: wmn2 on April 17, 2016, 07:41:09 PM
I'll follow as much as I can. In Michigan for work again. Picking up the pup in Ohio Wednesday. Will be back in the woods probably Friday. 11.5 hours in the truck today has me hurting.lol

Semper Fidelis
Where at in Michigan?

wmn2

Auburn hills. Right of m-59 and opdyke rd

Semper Fidelis

WNCTracker

Quote from: Gumby on April 17, 2016, 07:39:52 PM
Have walked 16 miles the past two days. Public land Arkansas which is as tough as it gets. Opening morning was a bust. No gobbles. Nada. Today had two gobbling on the limb. Worked in close. Few tree yelps and they hit the ground. Worked to within 50 yards but hung up due to some thick briars that I didn't know were there. Made a move but couldn't get them to work again. Will get them tomorrow. Good luck all.

I hope you're right!